buying software from abroad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrjamin, Feb 24, 2004.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

seeing as the $-£ rate is so good at the moment (~1.86) i figured it would make sense to buy some software from the states. I found an online store that ships internationall, and also takes international CC's, but charges at USD.

So, if i were to buy dreamweaver mx 2004 and the adobe cs suite, it comes to $2559 including international shipping. That works out at £850. The same software in the UK would cost £2000, which is roughly $3700!

BUT would this software still be legitimate having crossed international waters to the UK? Are the licenses still valid? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't, but anyone who can enlighten me (and the rest of us) would be encouraged to speak up!

Over & out,

MrJ

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

i believe they are legit. regardless of that though, i don't think they will care because they are still making money regardless. i would be worried about duty you pay as well, but it sounds like a good deal. in my expierence, with servers and desktops a lot of american companies with english speaking office in europe usually buy their servers, and american english speaking desktop users in the states and have it shipped. this is usually easier on the IT ppl, because usually the english speaking IT person is in america. anyways all lisence of all servers and software are maintained just like they would in the states.