Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKMark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2005
I am going on a family holiday to Orlando at the beginning of June. As a recent Mac switcher I was thinking of buying some software out there. The prices in the US are generally a fair bit less than the UK.

Can anyone suggest a decent store I go to and buy software? I’m after a copy of PhotoShop and Filemaker.

TIA
Mark

mkubal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tampa
^
Like he said.

I'm assuming you're going to see Disney and Universal and all that jazz. I used to live in Orlando. I've been to that Apple store a number of times. Fairly close to all the tourist stuff. Here's the link to the mall site if you were wanting to find directions.

http://www.mallatmillenia.com

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
There is also a CompUSA around 20 minutes away from the Apple Store that's in the Mall at Millenia.

It's most likely that the Apple Store will have Photoshop and Filemaker both available, though, even though their software selection is limited.

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2004
I live around the Orlando area and I ordered my PowerBook from the Apple Store at Mall at Millenia. The guys there are awesome and really helpful. They have 2 shelves in the back of the store for software, and they have all the major stuff (Photoshop, Flash, etc.) so chances are they probably have what your looking for, unless its very obscure software.

The Mall is off of I-4, you can see it from the highway. Just take Conroy Rd exit on I-4, there is no way to miss it.

UKMark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Thanks

Thanks everyone, very useful. After 25 years in the IT biz, fixing all sorts of machines its time to switch to something that is reliable! I only have a Mac mini at the moment but this summer I will do a complete switch to a G5, hence the need for some apps.

Thanks again,
Mark :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.