Buying stock in Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, my best guess was General Apple, but if it doesnt belong here then mods please move me :)

I was having financial discussions with others in the office today. Talking of 401k's, mutual funds, and buying and selling of stocks and commodities. It got me wondering. Does anyone here own (or have owned) Apple stock? Or have considered buying? I know there are some die hard Apple fans out here who already do worlds to support the company but has anyone taken it that extra step?

I think it would be cool to have stock in Apple, but at around 73 dollars a share that is pretty hefty :)

Just curious on anyone's thoughts/insight.

(Note: I tried a search for this and couldn't find anything about it already, so if this is a repeat I do apologize)

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I used to own it at 20, but I sold it at $25 :(

Big mistake

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I almost bought it about 5 times in recent months, but each time convinced myself that it had topped out and I was "getting in at the top." And then, every couple of weeks, I would curse myself for not buying it the previous time and the cycle would start again. It's still going... but this time it's really at the top! Really! ;)

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Granted there are many factors to consider when purchasing stock, however, I wouldn't see price being one of factors to stop me from buying.

Take a look at Google. IPO'd over $100 and still almost twice the share price since.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GOOG&t=6m

Just trying to add some perspective.

5. Deefuzz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

thanks for the input. I think it would be cool to own a little bit of the company that I support. If even it was just one share so I could say that I am part owner :D . I've never bought stock before, so I was just looking for some insight ;)