Buying tickets from craigslist

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by goodtimes5, Jun 10, 2006.

1. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2004
    Bay Area
    I've been browsing for San Francisco Giants tickets on craigslist, and I've found a whole bunch of good seats. Is there any way for me to verify that these tickets are real, such as a certain type of sticker or watermark or some sort of thing like that?

I want to bring this girl to the game on a date, but I don't want to be embarrassed and turned around at the front door because of fake tickets.
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    I would never buy tickets from craigslist

Go to

That's what i use for redsox playoff tickets at least
  3. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    The only way I would do this is if I could get the ticket office for the Giants to authenticate the tickets before I bought them... which means you'd have to meet the seller there at the ballpark.

Beyond that, I wouldn't go anywhere near this deal. Too many people getting ripped off for things like tickets, which are difficult to authenticate.
  4. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    Tacoma, WA
    It's a **** shoot. Either you pay an extra fee to use a service or you use craigslist. In seattle there are more honnest people than in say Boston/ New York. That's why I feel a little more confident getting tickets online out west. However, sometimes you go anywhere you can.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, i've bought tickets through CL without any problems.