Buying with 2 credit cards in the Apple store and the ADC discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Gherkin, May 26, 2004.

1. Gherkin macrumors 6502

Is it possible to order with two different credit cards online through the Apple Store? Or do you have to call them to do that?

Also, I just bought my ADC account for $100, and it's saying I have to fax something in to verify I am a student. Does everyone get this message? I remember reading that some people never faxed stuff in and their discount through ADC still worked.

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

The normal educational discount they don't check up on much. The ADC one, being much more significant, is beginning to be enforce. But then again, you wouldn't be trying to scam Apple, so it shouldn't matter :rolleyes:

With regards to your two credit card issue, usually that works fine in person or calling up, I don't know how it works online.

3. Gherkin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I'm not trying to scam them. I am actually enrolled in college and I am taking a programming class next semester. It's just that I hope they don't take 2 weeks or something absurd to confirm my account. I was hoping to order my Powerbook tonight.

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i've read it takes about a day to confirm the membership, but thats not guaranteed just what I recall. Nearly everyone gets that with the ADC membership I think, and as said they randomly check people using the EDU discount. your best bet is to give them a call tomorrow and confirm your membership and then hopefully make your order over the phone if they let you charge two cards. Enjoy the book!

5. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

how did u get it for 100 dollars? I'm looking at the ADC memberships and...

Online Select Premier
    Annual Cost: Free $500 (US) $3,500 (US)

im also a student so if i could save a little more oney id greatly appreciat it , thanks in advance.

jon.

6. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

You're looking at the wrong place.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Take a look at this.

I joined ADC and my account was activated almost immediately. I then ordered my Power Mac G4, and received it the next day :)

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

In March I tried to purchase my 17" PowerBook with 2 different credit cards.......but was unable to. There was no way to do it online at the Apple Store so I called them and they told me there was no way for them to do it either.

9. dano the mano macrumors newbie

ADC DISCOUNT?

like how much of a discount are we talking here?.. can i get a g5 for like 700 bucks?

:)

d

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm the credit nazi

if one must spread a purchase out over two credit cards, i might suggest that one really cannot afford such a purchase in the first place. CC companies tend to be optimistic in consumers' credit worthiness.

11. Gherkin thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I saved up all but $100 and my parents are helping me out with the last $100 for a birthday gift. That is why I need to use two cards.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if you've got the money to pay for most of it, then well done.

13. Gherkin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, well a lot of the money came from selling my old PC. Sold some other stuff on eBay, plus some previously saved up money, plus a little money from the job I just started brings me to $100 short. Saving most of the money myself will make the day my Powerbook arrives just that much sweeter.

14. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

1.6 G5
    Normal Price $2,499.00
    Student Discount $2,199.00
    Student ADC Discount $1,999.00

or

12 inch iBook G4
    Normal Price $1,449.00
    Student Discount $1,349.00
    Student ADC Discount $1,304.00

but

Mac OS X Server v10.3 (10 client license)
    Normal Price $699.00
    Student Discount $349.00
    Student ADC Discount $699.00

All prices in Canadian.