Buying Wrong iLife (Need Advice!)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by puckish, Jan 20, 2004.

1. puckish macrumors newbie

Hi,

Need some advice on how to proceed in a situation that I got myself into. I just purchase the older version of iLife by mistake at a local Bestbuy, as a dumb consumer I bought the software thinking that it was '04 version, the box looks almost the same. The old version I bought cost the same as the new one so I figure I'm entitled to a free upgrade, but I don't see such a deal on the Apple site. I opened the box so I return.

Any advice on how I should proceed? (Besides kicking myself... which I'm doing now)

-Puck

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Hey I used to work there

I don't know anything about how you can deal with apple, but I did work Customer Service at the big yellow price tag for a few years. I can tell you that the returning of opened software can be done, it all depends on how stricly the store wants to enforce it. So while it may be unlikely its not impossible. Any chance Best Buy will get the new iLife? I would ask. They most likely will be willing to do the exchange. If they do not currently explain your situation to a customer service rep. and ask them if there is anything they can do to help. I bet you can at least some store credit. Just be polite, and firm in what you are asking for. Good luck.