Bye bye Clover Studios

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No more Viewtiful Joe or Okami.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/12/capcom-squashes-clover-lights-out-for-bright-studio/

Tis a shame. I absolutely love Viewtiful Joe and Okami is loved by many too.

2. ViveLeLivre macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

Who needs Okami when you can make a fortune on MegaMan 28?

Capcom just lost what little cult cred it had left.

How can you kill a studio responsible for a game mentioned in the same breath as Zelda?

3. allegrocm macrumors member

awful...

I've spent the last three weeks telling everyone who'll listen just how awesome Okami is. Viewtiful Joe was great, but Okami is just amazing. Probably my favorite PS2 game ever...with the possible exception of Shadow of the Colossus.

said ken

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Okami is one of the most beautifully and lovingly crafted games ever. Just typical that it still sells like crap and yet utter EA tripe will sell by the bucketload... gamers make me sick at times :eek: :D :p

5. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

That's too bad, but it's not like they are taking the design teams and producers and shooting them. Somehow I suspect that Atsushi Inaba will land on his feet.

I love Okami and agree that it's probably the best PS2 game out there.

[But the dig up the Clover Studios insignia for praise thing is a little weak...]

6. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

my bet is the talented people there will move on to another company and continue to make great games

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Damn man...why do they do this to the good studios that are actually making good games(well two games are good:) ) and have the S*** stains of a studio running around putting out trash:rolleyes:

Makes me want to go home and play Okami.

Bless