Bye bye Tucker

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by pseudobrit, Jan 5, 2005.

1. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050105/ap_en_tv/tv_carlson_crossfire

Let's hope CNN lives up to this promise:

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I thought I heard that Carlson was already making the move to that bastion of liberalism, MSNBC.

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

A reversal of 'dumbing down' (potentially), thank goodness. There is a glut of WWE style media outlets these days.

New on MSNBC, SMACKDOWN! with Carlson Tucker! In tonights Steelcage match Tucker will lock a "guest" in a steel cage with loaded questions and insinuations about their answers, before pummeling them with misquotes and loaded assertions.

Good luck out Hannity/O'Reillying people Tucker, I hope no one comes on.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Too bad, so sad...

... you got dissed by a guy who follows a show about puppets making prank phone calls.

I hope he doesn't go to MSNBC, I actually kinda like that channel sometimes. :( Well, it's either them or FOX, and we really don't want to go there. Maybe CNN will stop sucking and be as it used to be. No more Carlson, hopefully no more Novak, and with it maybe a little less Carville and that other guy. What's his name, the guy opposite Tucker? I don't feel like looking it up, it's not that important. But I guess anyone who can stand that bow-tie wearing, no talent, clueless hack can't be all bad.

Maybe I'll just tune into NBC for Russert and Matthews. For the rest, I'll just read it on the AP or Reuters.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The other guy was Paul Begala.

I really hope Little Lord Fauntleroy doesn't find himself a new network to continue the same old crap. But what the hell could NBC cable do with him?

Maybe he could be like Alistair Cooke, and do wraparounds for reruns of Fear Factor.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

my favorite quote of his:

7. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Wasn't MSNBC the outlet that allowed Michael Savage before firing him?

Tucker is a Chihuahua compared to that guy. Tucker, the attack Chihuahua of the Right, seems appropriate. Relatively harmless and yet endlessly annoying. Maybe they will give Rush a turn. Hell, why not just give Ann Coulter a talk show. The opinion of skinny blondes is under-represented outstide of divorce court and the pop scene. I should stop, the politically correct voice in my head is telling me so.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ann Coulter with her own show?

She may be insane, but she's sure no Howard Beale. :rolleyes: