Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Vanilla coke has its days counted. Seems its not selling well, and by the end of this year, it will be gone. In the UK, by the end of next year. This includes, diet coke vanilla.

Good riddance I say. That thing was nasty, and I once bought one accidently and I didn't like it.

But I know a lot of you here might miss it, and that sucks, I feel for you. I hate when choice is reduced. Now only pepsi is left if you want vanilla cola :( , which I think is even gross-er :p

2005_11_04t131306_212x450_us_food_coke.jpg

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I heard about this several weeks ago when I took my daily jaunt to my campus store and they were out of it. I asked, and they said it was being discontinued. They couldn't understand it, since it was one of their best sellers. I think I have been singlehandedly reponsible for its sales position, so I'm totally bummed about this.

Can't stand Coke (raised on Pepsi), but love Vanilla Coke. I don't know about this Black Cherry Vanilla Coke they're replacing it with...

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
dietcokevanilla said:
What did I do?!!
cry-1.gif

:eek:, I am truely sorry... Drink up while you still can, life is short ;)

I once tried Diet vanilla Coke Caffeine Free (With cherry I think?!), and I almost threw up... Goodness, just drink water in that case, thats a soft drink in its most mutilated form :eek:

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I like vanilla in my ice cream, not in my soda. Having never drunk vc, I think it be gross.
yucky.gif

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Jon'sLightBulbs said:
Good riddance, and take Coke Lime with you too!

Oh, but it IS :cool:

Vanilla Coke AND Lemon are going to DIE!
Picture 1.jpg

Figured Lime was temporary anyways...

EDIT: Opps, I didn't know there was a separate lemon and lime variety.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Guess I'll have to resort to Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

Don't know why everyone wants them to go away.
If you don't like them, just don't buy/drink them.

I like the variety and choices.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
edesignuk said:
I, personally, am gutted to hear this.
I would think it'd be a good thing (from your point of view) that no one else can have dietcokeva... er... Vanilla Diet Coke.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
I have never liked white chocolate which is really Vanilla and I definitely did not like the taste of Vanilla Coke. So, here is another person who is not sad to see the thing go.

Of course for those who do like the taste, sorry for the loss of your 20-oz, sugar loaded, artificial flavored drink :p

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
Sad to see it go but seriously, I have been drinking vanilla coke since I was a kid.

Few pumps of vanilla syrup + Coke = Vanilla Coke

Now if you excuse me while I enjoy my rum and pumpkin Sprite.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I liked it. I would never drink it without ice though. I won't rush to the store to stock pile either, but it was a nice alternative to ordinary coke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.