Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I am trying to watch online TV from the app my cable company provided me but when I do, it says Content Unavailable. I called the cable company and they asked me if I was jailbroken. They said that some TV channels are encrypted and they can't be watched if I am jailbroken or rooted on Android. So, how can I bypass this jailbreak detection? I tried xcon but it doesn't seem to work.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
There might already be a Flex hack for this; otherwise you could post a request on an appropriate forum. Otherwise you could use Flex with the app and search for "jailbroken" or "isjailbroken", etc and set bool to False.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Your reply makes it seem like you quoted me by mistake.

You've said NoSub didn't work but did you flip the switch for the app in Settings>NoSub>Kill Substrate In:?

Yes, I added the app in Kill Substrate but didn't work. Any other better tweak for bypassing jailbreak detection?

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
There might already be a Flex hack for this; otherwise you could post a request on an appropriate forum. Otherwise you could use Flex with the app and search for "jailbroken" or "isjailbroken", etc and set bool to False.

How do you do it? I installed Flex some time ago and now it's gone. Dont know what happened to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.