C & C generals and G4 700

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macdantheman07, May 29, 2004.

1. Macdantheman07 macrumors member

Has anyone tried C and C generals on a slower than 1ghz mac? I want to know if it is wise for me to buy this game.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I play it on both of my machines (see sig.) I have the settings turned all the way down and the game plays OK. I am sure that a dual G5 would be better, but don't have one of those. However, having said that, I think that a 700 mhz G4 is going to be asking a little much. My friend cannot play the game on his 800mhz iMac. It turns into a slide show when it does not crash.

3. applekid macrumors 68020

There's a demo available (Download at MacGameFiles.com), but the demo only gives you a small taste in performance. Most people have said there is no problems with the demo for machines under the requirements. I'd suggest reading the thread we posted a while back here in MacRumors.com.

My understanding is that the retail version can get quite choppy on under-requirement systems. A 700 MHz Mac is pretty inadequate for today's games.

4. wide macrumors 6502a

go for it gimpy. if nijel can run UT:2003 on his g3 ibook 800mhz, you will probably be able to run C&C on ur ibook g3 900mhz. you have 640mb ram too, and he only has 256mb.

5. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

This game did nothing for me. I thought it would be cool, but it was too easy and unrealistic.

But there are lots of people who love it...

DL the demo, and check for yourself if it's something you'll like.

6. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

7. Macdantheman07 thread starter macrumors member

thanx guys. I probably won't buy it though. I wish i had a G5 so bad right now cuz all the new games that are coming out wont run on my 1.5 yr old machine

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It worked (albeit sluggishly on anything but the lowest graphical settings) on an 867 Quicksilver.

9. Blackstealth macrumors regular

I'm running it on a dual 867 with 2Gb Ram and a 64Mb Radeon 9000. It's runs quick enough and the graphics are smooth (however intro movies to specific missions are a bit rough to start off with), but as others have said already its too easy. Set the enemy AI to 'brutal' and its still a walk in the park to complete.