C&C Generals on the MacBook (Not Pro)...?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kidman13, May 20, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

May 16, 2006
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Macbook in about 2 months and I know it's not a gaming laptop and all with the Intel GMA950 but I was just wondering, If it can handle Generals. This is the only game I'm really planning on playing on it.

I'm hoping that the Fast DUO COre and DDR 2 Ram can compensate for the videocard and still play the game smoothly.

Thanks In advance...
  2. macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2005
    The best thing to do would be to find someone with a MacBook or a Mac Mini (which has the same video card) and ask them to download the free demo (there is also an update for the demo) from www.aspyr.com. Please note that C&C is not a Universal Binary just yet. So you'd have to run in under Rosetta. So that's a big double wammy. If someone does try out the free demo let us know how it runs.

3. macrumors 6502

Oct 31, 2003
    ive played generals on my ibook 800, so it should work :)
  4. macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Or you could just run the XP version under boot camp...
  5. macrumors newbie

May 16, 2006
    you are not alone, i am also concerned about the performance of macbook when playing C&C zero hours at all, is it really can run under Rottlxxx?
  6. macrumors regular

Apr 7, 2003
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Rottlxxx? Sounds kinky.

I'm also interested in this issue.
  7. macrumors member

May 25, 2006
    At my new macbook (1,83 ghz, 1gb ) Generals runs horrible, 800x600 low. I don't know why, my xp 2200+ with an gf4mx440se runs it much better. Mayby beceause rosetta? I haven't tried it at XP jet
  8. macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2006
    It will work on the Macbook Pro. I have it on my Powerbook G4, 1.6ghz, and it works..but it is slow. Since the Macbook is 5x faster, I doubt you'd experience any problems.
  9. macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Unlike the above post, I have heard that Generals runs like crap on even a MBP, so I doubt it would be playable on a Macbook. You can always get the PC version, which should run okay, but nothing spectacular.
  10. macrumors member

Nov 30, 2004