C++ Program communicating with the website's flash

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by iKernel, Nov 28, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2007
    Hi All,

I want to write a C++ program which will communicate with the website's flash .swf file. I am using MAC OS X 10.4 & Carbon framework for the developement.
    As flash in the website is server side & C++ is client side, I am not getting exact idea about where to start with it & how to accomplish it. Shall I use dynamic library(.dylib) stuff for it to complete. I want to catch events takes place in the .swf on the website.

There may be many options but which will be the best & supporting on MAC OS X 10.4
    help is greatly appreciated.

2. macrumors 68000

Feb 1, 2005
    From the many options you have on the mac, I think using Cocoa for development will be the only viable one.
  3. macrumors 603

Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    I don't think Flash has any way to export events to a client machine (I could be wrong). Wouldn't it be simpler just to make a client / server application using Java or some such?

You'll get better help if you posted in the programming forum though.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2007
    using webkit with Obj-C which will communicate to JavaScript

suppose I embed html page in my app & flash will call javascript which will further be called from Obj-C.
    This is the way I found after seraching the apple list archive & net. Is there any other way to accomplish it?