C Programming - What Program ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .Joel, May 10, 2005.

1. .Joel macrumors member

Hey all,

Well I need some advice. At uni we are using Borland C++. Just making simple small programs so we can be taught about arrays and while loops and a few other things etc. However we are doing this all on Windows machienes. I am curious if there are other programs which are native on mac that I can use to complete my school work ? I am currently running Virtual PC, and using Borland within that. However, it runs rather slow and I would like a program that ran natively on MacOSX. When we complete the assignments we only hand in a printed copy of the code, we never actually hand in the compiled .exe file. So if it compiles on the mac and I can preview it then print a copy of the code that will be enough for me.

Any ideas ?

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

XCode, is a full featured IDE that ships with every copy of Mac OS X (and every new Mac). It's on the Mac OS X install CD. You can also download it from Apple's Developer site. It uses the GCC (GNU C Compiler), which is a very popular, cross-platform, free compiler. Should work just great for what you're doing.

3. .Joel thread starter macrumors member

I found it, that is completely what I was after. Thankyou very much.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm in the same boat as you!

I started using XCode 2 days ago.

Where you from in Oz, exactly? What Uni?