Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkF786

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
I have a new C2D MBP which I installed Boot Camp on. The install went fine without any issues. One problem I'm now having is that the trackpad often is very erratic while running XP in Boot Camp. Sometimes it will work perfectly, sometimes it will be near uncontrollable with the mouse pointer moving wildly about the screen, and other times it will not respond at all - and this is all within a given 10 minute period of time. On a side note, the driver seems to be properly installed because the two finger scrolling works (most of the time) as does the two-finger right-click. Also, though trackpad works fine in OSX.

Has anyone else seen this problem? It is driving me mad, and making Boot Camp entirely unusable.

Thanks,

Mark

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Exactly the same prob here so it's not just you. My machine is also a new Macbook C2D. I have been using an external mouse to avoid this but it sure would be nice if there were a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.