C2D MBP low battery shutdown

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UmaThurman, Dec 1, 2006.

1. UmaThurman macrumors regular

UmaThurman

Hi y'all, just had a question about low battery and shutting down. When the warning comes up around 5-6% it warns that you need to plug int he AC adapter or it will go to sleep to save memory contents. It used to go to sleep at 2%, but now it drains all the way to 0%, makes a funny noise and then shuts down. Is there anyway i can turn some kind of option back on to make it go to sleep when low? When i turned it back on, my keyboard wasn't working either... i just hit num lock a few times and it worked.. Any ideas anyone?

2. UmaThurman thread starter macrumors regular

UmaThurman

I read around on websites as well. I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the background running. I just installed a new software update, but i doubt that has anything to do with it as well. I tried resetting the pmu as well. So if anyone has any ideas on how to get safe sleep to work, any input is appreciated... :)

3. UmaThurman thread starter macrumors regular

UmaThurman

Sorry to post so many times, but does anyone know if it might have something to do with charge as well? On iStat i have 96% battery health, so if it safe sleeps at 2%, could it just be off and that's why it's not doing it? Any ideas on this Safe Sleep not working?

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Don't know how to help you, I usually plug the power in, but you might want to try this... Calibrating the battery.