Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Using Skype I have been working with a friend this last month and teaching him C with xcode. I use the latest version but he is stuck with 10.4.8 osx and an older version of xcode.

Yesterday we got into for loops and he got a compiler error on his computer with some c99 and the for loop. After researching the problem is seems to be he needs to switch the compiler he uses.

Since he is so new to C and don't want to over load him can we just start a new different project in C++ or Cocoa which defaults to a different compiler? I read something about that but could not find that link again to confirm.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Post the code that causes a problem.

What version of Xcode is it?

There may be a Build Setting that corrects the problem. C99 is certainly achievable on 10.4, with Xcode 2.5. I think even earlier Xcode versions can do it, but it's difficult for me to check that. With Xcode 2.5 I'm certain of it.

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I will get that info from him tonight. I think you are right about it being xcode 2.5 but I will make sure.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.