CAD Programs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mynameismatt89, Mar 2, 2006.

1. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

hey,

I would just like to first start off by saying yes, i have searched the forums and have found several pages about AutoCAD programs for mac, but none that fit my needs specifically. I do not need it for 3-D design. I want a program that i can use on my mac that is VERY similar to the program that we used at school - AutoCad: Educational Version. I just basically need it for house plan designs - floor plans... as well as outside front plans that show what the house would look like finished if you stood out front outside of it.

If anyone can please tell me some programs that i could use. I have looked up programs like ArchiCAD, CADintosh.. etc.

Thanks, Matt

2. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

oh, and it also should be compatible with the CAD program i use at school

Thanks again

3. hugotron macrumors newbie

hugotron

I'm an architect and I highly recommend Vectorworks 12. A great program, excellent choice. Take a look at http://www.nemetschek.net

4. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you Hugo, i plan on becoming on architect as well... where did you go to university (i live in Canada and plan to go to University of Waterloo - best architecture program in Canada) How do you like being an architect??

5. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

so would everyone else recommend Vectorworks 12??

6. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

ive been looking more into these CAD programs and was wondering what anybody else would recommend. I will use it for 2D drawings mostly.