CafePress.com - Your Experience?

Discussion in 'Community' started by FlamDrag, Sep 12, 2004.

1. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

Howdy,

I'm considering setting up a shop with CafePress.com; I would appreciate any firsthand experience with this site. Are they reputable? Have you made ANY money from it? Good / bad experiences are welcome as well as any alternatives.

FD

2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

My only advice is that you order one of each of your items to check the quality. I had to drop several items from my store because the printing process varies widely between different items. Be aware that the t-shirt printing is not silk-screened and doesn't have a "100% professional" look to it. I've found that the printing on grey t-shirts is much better than printing on white t-shirts (on the white shirts there is a noticeable white residue around the 'empty' areas of your design. When I called CafePress to ask about it, they said it was normal and would wash away in the laundry -- it doesn't completely). The printing on the white camisoles is terrible. On the other hand, the ceramic mugs come out beautifully.

I haven't had any problems with the company itself. They agreed to refund the camisole I ordered without any problems. I've sold a few dozen items over the past few months, and havent heard any complaints from anyone.

My store is http://www.cafepress.com/grandguignol

3. FlamDrag thread starter macrumors 6502

Hm, T-Shirts was one that I would have preferred be nicer. However, T's aren't bad to go ahead and order a few dozen of and make more profit.

Good to hear about the mugs though.

4. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I've heard that once you submit your t-shirt design to CafePress that your intellectual property becomes the property of CafePress. Email kurtz@pvponline.com for more/better information--this exact issue is one of the biggest reasons that he left CafePress for ThinkGeek for his t-shirt sales needs. His is one of the most popular webcomics.

5. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I have set-up a store (you can find on my website) and ordered some of the stuff. The quality of the prints on the T's was OK and the T's quality OK as well. not breathtaking. The order and delivery process professional. No problem with that.

So, yes - why not setting up a store. At least its fun.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I think they just get a permanent right to produce the items with the terms of the agreement. I haven't looked at the T&Cs in a while. and if you are truly concerned get a lawyer. I've never had issues with them though