Calander in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johnparjr, Sep 10, 2006.

1. johnparjr macrumors 6502

johnparjr

For those who have the Dev leopard installed does the calander Icon show the real date now ??? Inquiring minds want to know:)

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL some poor engineer at Apple is going to have to write session agent code specifically to get people to stop whining about this issue. :D

I'm also curious about iCal in Leopard though. I really want to see if some good stuff can be done with iCal Server and the read/write capabilities.... :D

3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

what are you guys talking about? my iCal Icon displays the correct date when it's open.

4. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Well DUH xander. It's a known issue that when iCal ISN'T open it permanently displays July 17, which is the date it was originally released, and no one has figured a real fix yet. You think Apple would've thought of this by now; it really can't be that hard to change.

5. nicoritschel macrumors regular

6. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Im sure in Mac OS X 10.3 if you opened iCal then quit it, the icon maintained the current date, unlike in Tiger were it returns to July 17th ?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, that's right.

8. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

So surley it can be done, like by running a script at midnight or something

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

iCal needs a hell of a lot more than a cosmetic fix. The whole application stinks. Why on earth can't you scroll forward across a weekend in Day View? Why is the interface so bloody clunky? Why is entering information so hit-and-miss?

10. iGary Guest

iGary

I have to admit you are right.

I use it all the time, but it is a painful application; not Apple-like at all.

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What about birthdays, do they now tell you how old the person will be, very easy to impliement very annoying to leave out.

12. iGary Guest

iGary

I just go a year ahead every October and pop in the ages. Again, bad form.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The birthdays could certainly use an overhaul, so that having them in Address Book and iCal with yearly reminders and ages just works™. On the other hand most of my friends are in the stage where they do not want to be reminded of their age. :D

14. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Even though I have gotten used to iCal, I would like to see some major changes.
    As much as we can't stand Micrsoft, I think outlook is not bad for the PC. I like having all my contacts,emails and calender in one application, they are all so tied together as it is. It also allows for less windows to be open at once.

15. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Another vote for birthday reminder improvements. That's one thing I miss about Outlook.

16. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

biggest problem with iCal:

it truncates event names in month view!!! At some window sizes, "Paper due" will go onto two lines, at other sizes it will just show me "Paper".

grrrrrr that sucks.

17. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Agreed...It does not look like it belongs in Tiger...well I still use it, but c'mon :eek: