Calendar doesn't work anymore

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rozner, Nov 6, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Nov 14, 2007
    Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest OSX (10.8.2 I believe). All was running fine but now I can't start Calendar anymore.

When I try to run it. It loads up, I can see the calender but within seconds I get the beach ball and it never comes back. Activity monitor says "not responding". I've tried force quit and relaunch, I also killed the CalendarAgent which seems to only be possible by a kill -9 in the terminal. Also rebooted the machine but same problem. Anyone know how to resolve these kinds of issues? I think there's maybe a cache or some data directory that I can clear although I don't remember where to find that.

Thanks for any help with this.

2. macrumors regular

Oct 10, 2010

make a full backup of the computer including applications and take it to a apple store
  3. macrumors 603

Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Try trashing the plist file. It should be ~/Library/Preferences/
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 14, 2007
    Got rid of the plist file but no good. Still does the same thing. Just I'm on week view instead of month view when it freezes. I think I may need to delete the data, do you know where it's stored? I have it synced with my phone so it's not a big deal if I have to clear it from here.

I don't think I'll be taking it to the Apple store just yet. That may be a last resort but it's not that critical.
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 14, 2007