Calendar Events Disappeared

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Melodeath, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

A couple of days ago, I noticed that all of my events on my Calendar disappeared. I don't use the calendar very often, but I usually have one event a month that I manually enter to know when I need to change my contact lenses (they are monthly lenses ;))

I do not sync my calendar - it is all local on the iPhone. I have an iPhone 4S still on iOS 5.

I do not appear to have lost any pictures, notes, contacts, texts, etc.. Just events on my calendar are gone. Anyone have any ideas how this could even happen? I know that events used to stay on my phone because I could look back for more than 30 days and see all the events I had manually entered, but now they are all missing, and do not show up when I search the iphone either.

Thanks

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

Any reason you've not updated to 6.0.1?

PS iCloud calendar sync is pretty handy.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

At first, I avoided iOS 6 because of Maps. But then I realized I do not have the minimum amount of free space required on the phone to update to iOS 6. I think you need 1.5 or 2.5 GB free. This gave me even more reason to not do the update. Clearing space isn't particularly hard, but it's still relatively annoying to do.

I backup manually to my mac in iTunes every couple of days. I've never used iCloud. The calendar is probably the least important of the apps I use, but the fact that the iPhone would seemingly randomly delete all my events has me a tiny bit paranoid now.

4. garrydc, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

macrumors newbie

Calendar problem

My non-repeating calendar events disappear after the date passes. I do not sync with outlook. I do not use MobileMe. I have the latest software on a 4S. I have not synced with iTunes in about 6 weeks. The problem just started. My calendar is my income.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone have any ideas. Most of the time I added events into the past as reminders of when I did something, as opposed to adding future events.

6. macrumors newbie

I lost all my calendar events a couple of weeks ago with 6.01. Because I'm synced with google calendar, I completely lost them.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Just an update here: I am on iOS 6 now (as of a number of weeks ago, actually). Anyway, I lost my calendar events AGAIN. I am starting to think whenever I plug my phone in and do a manual backup, the calendar events are being deleted.

How do I prevent this? I don't have the Calendar set up to sync, bc I don't use the Calendar on my mac or anywhere except the iPhone. Maybe I will just start using google calendar instead.