calendar notification

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canwe3, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Why does calendar notification disappear on it's own? for example if I have appointment at 8am and if I check my phone at 2pm. The notification doesn't show at all. does the calendar notification go away after couple hrs it shows up?

2. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

When the event is over, the notification will go away.

3. thread starter macrumors member

anyway to keep the notifications? I use it to remind myself with stuff I need to get done.

4. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Why don't you just use the Reminders app?

That would solve your issue..you can schedule them and until you mark it complete it will remain in your notifications.

5. thread starter macrumors member

cause I like the interface of calendar and I use it as a calendar. I just need the notification up till I finish the work. calendar is so much easier to use than reminders.

6. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Why not just extend the time to keep it current?

7. macrumors regular

dnelms

Why not set you up a Google calendar, sync it with your iPhone calendar? You can still schedule, edit, etc on both or one, but past events stay on the calendar. I had an Android phone before the iPhone 5, so I had all the Google service setup. I have not missed a beat with it, just synced everything to show on the iPhone.

8. macrumors G3

eyoungren

Just to add here. You could make it an all day event. That will keep it on your calendar all day. Maybe put the actual time in the notes.

Second, if it's something that occurs regularly you could also make it a recurring event.

9. macrumors 6502

The notification goes away, but the event is still in your calendar.

10. thread starter macrumors member

does the reminder app notfication goes away after I set up the alarm?

11. macrumors 68040

This is one of the few reasons I still jailbreak my phone. Lockinfo and Intelliscreen X offer the option to have your upcoming calendar events pasted on your lockscreen.

12. macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

The reminder will remain in the list until you check it off as completed. This sounds like a good tool for you. You'll develop a habit of regularly checking Reminders instead of relying on Notifications which can always be dismissed.