Calibrate iMac 20"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by iCris, Apr 6, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Hi all,i want calibrate my iMac 20" screen,is a good option the PANTONE hueyPRO? to calibrate mi iMac 20".Thx in advance :)

2. macrumors 6502a

I've not heard anyone say good things about the Huey Pro.

Try the Spyder 3 Pro or the Eye One Display 2.

3. Guest

iGary

+1

The Huey is pure crap (it got used once and is sitting in my junk drawer). I have the Eye One Display 2 and love it.

4. macrumors 68020

Ditto on the Huey. I got a Spyder 2 Express (which was even cheaper) that works like a charm!

5. macrumors member

Thanks to all,just one more question,the spider or the eye one allow a second monitor calibration?thanks in advance :)

6. macrumors member

the eye one (i1 display 2) does, got one last week and used already for MBP, Vaio and a T240 Samsung.

All worked fine.

7. macrumors 6502a

If you mean dual monitors, your computer needs to be able to support 2 different color profiles for your two monitors. If your computer doesn't support it, it doesn't matter if the color calibrator does.

8. macrumors member

well i think my imac alu can,now uses 2 one for imac monitor and one for the samsung conected via dvi.:)

9. macrumors 68020

Yes, they do. Although with the Spyder 2 Express software, you have to calibrate one monitor at a time and rename the profiles by hand in the Finder. It's also useful to change the profile description via ColorSync Utility.