California Killings Spark Massive Manhunt

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Feb 7, 2013.

1. macrumors Core

MacNut

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324590904578289991580633824.html

Supposedly this guy is also against the NRA.

Who is going to protect us when the Police themselves go crazy and start killing their own.

2. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

When are all these killings gonna stop?

3. macrumors 6502

CalWizrd

When there are no humans left... not before.

4. macrumors P6

Peace

I hope this comes to a good resolution. If he isn't caught before he kills again they have a serial killer on their hands. One that knows how his own operates.

It will probably end in the cops finding him dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound or he's shot by 20 cops.

So sad to see more people lose their lives.

5. macrumors 68020

Nothing but ironies with this guy because he believes he's doing what he considers "the right thing" with a targeted massive killing spree. Obviously, he's mentally disturbed.

I agree with his whistle blowing but not in this way. I just hope that this comes to a good end.

6. macrumors 601

Technarchy

This is a very dangerous man.

Navy Officer
    Trained with NSW
    Willing to kill the children of people he doesn't like.
    Combat vet.
    Ex LEO

To all the LEO out there, good luck. This is an ugly situation.

And this is no small man either.

[​IMG]

7. citizenzen, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

macrumors 65816

citizenzen

Not sure why that matters.

he's killing people with guns ... not twisting their heads off with his bare hands.

And the cops will be going after him with guns ... not challenging him to an arm wrestling match.

EDIT: I think his intelligence will have more to do with how this ends than how much he bench presses.

8. MacNut, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

This guy knows the people who are hunting him. He is not your average thug with a gun. He was trained by the people he is trying to kill.

Here is his manifesto pdf

9. macrumors 68000

Happybunny

Now you make him sound just like "Rambo".

10. macrumors 68020

Don't forget, he is targeting specific people and their families here. In his head, the civilian casualties are just collateral damage.

11. macrumors 68020

Tragic.

It seemed early on he had proclivity for violence, maybe schizo.
    Doesn't the LAPD have mental health screenings and mental health help?

12. macrumors 65816

aerok

Reading the manifesto, I sort of pity the guy. He went through some hard times growing up and he lists a few social problems that are still in present in the United States. It is no excuse to start killing but still an interesting read.

13. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

There is a timeline posted (and being updated) on reddit.

14. macrumors 68020

Ha! If that were the case we would have a lot less incidences of police abusing their authority and subjecting the very people they're hired to protect to brutality. And it's not just the LAPD but EVERY department across the country.

I forget where I saw it but there was a study conducted about cops joining the force for free just so they can get away with bullying the people they serve. That gun and badge is an ego trip for many of these guys.

15. macrumors 68040

Moyank24

That manifesto is just....wow.

Also scary is the fact that the LAPD actually shot at civilians yesterday (in 2 separate incidents) because they thought it might have been the suspect. Scary time to be in So Cal...

16. macrumors 603

But.. but.. I thought people who have proper firearm training never do things like this?

That's what the gun fiends have tried to tell me anyways.

Not surprising. People who have intelligence don't become cops.

Sounds like karma for the LAPD. Too bad innocent civilians are being caught in the crossfire.

17. macrumors 68020

Shoot first, ask questions later is the code modern-day cops live by unfortunately.

18. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is the truck owned by the woman the cops shot.

[​IMG]

19. Guest

eric/

Maybe we should take guns away from cops then?

20. macrumors 601

Technarchy

Lots of rubber band stacks in that lady's future.

21. macrumors 603

It works in many European countries.

Look at that damn truck. Two innocent women just minding their own business and the stupid ass cops who probably were barely smart enough to graduate high school decide to fire what looks like at least 30 rounds in to their car.

The cops who did that should be thrown in jail. Too many pigs shoot first and ask questions later probably because they are too damn stupid to make intelligent decisions. If cops can't even make a simple decision like telling two women apart from a huge armed black guy there is no way in hell they should have guns.

Hopefully those women don't die because they are going to be in for a major pay day.

Government-sanctioned thugs with badges.

22. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Look again. Those little tent cards with numbers on them each represent a bullet fired.

23. macrumors regular

While I agree that what happened with police officers firing on innocent people is a terrible mistake, and they should absolutely be held accountable, all humans make mistakes. Not blowing it off or minimizing it at all, just saying that no one is infallible.

However, comments like the following always make me wonder what has happened to a person for them to use such huge generalizing statements to demonstrate such a tremendous disdain for a group of people who are generally good, and perform a dangerous job for the benefit of society.

Seriously... what happened to you to fill you with such hatred?

24. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I agree, but not in this situation. LA should bring in outside police or FBI. They are too close to the situation.

Link

25. macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Probably failed the IQ and Mental Stability test to get on the Police Force.