California Theme Park Must-Rides

Discussion in 'Community' started by P-Worm, Apr 14, 2003.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

Jul 16, 2002
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Well, it's that time of year again. Tomorrow I leave with my high schools music department to California to showcase our school and have a great time. We are going to Disneyland, Six Flags and Universal Studios in Aneheim and i want to know if any of you consider certain rides to be must-rides. I've heard that the Terminator 3D ride is cool, but I'm not sure if that is in the California Universal Studios.

Also, anyone know a good way to brave the lines at Disneyland? I heard that there was a button on the fast pass booths to get more than one ticket. Not that I would cheat the system...:eek:

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Disneyland (in Anaheim, south of Los Angeles) announced this week that they are closing their biggest roller coaster, Space Mountain, until 2005. :( They are going to "add a new level of excitement" to it. This will take them 2 years???

If you are looking for big bad roller coasters, Disneyland is your last choice, even when Space Mountain is running. Six Flags Magic Mountain (in Valencia, north of Los Angeles) is much better for roller coasters.

Knotts Berry Farm, near Disneyland, is also good for roller coasters.

Universal Studios Hollywood (in Los Angeles) and has some pretty good rides, plus the free "City Walk" area of shops and restaurants, which is great for people watching.

Ways to avoid lines at Disneyland:

(1) the fast pass system

(2) get there early before the longest lines form

(3) don't go to the most popular rides at mid-day; this is the time to eat, souvenir shop, or wander around Tom Sawyer's Island

(4) stay there late until the little kids go home and the lines shrink, especially right before closing

(5) go on a rainy day