Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
My wifi calling has always been off, I am using att and every time i lately make a call on my iPhone 6 plus or even 6s plus call doesn't go through it says call failed and says to enable wifi calling, I have plenty of signal. Is this happening to anyone else? Also I notice the call quality lately sucks, sounds like person on the other end is in the bathroom or under water and they say I sound the same, this was the same on 6 plus and 6s plus as well as my 6. Is att basically becoming horrible?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
My wifi calling has always been off, I am using att and every time i lately make a call on my iPhone 6 plus or even 6s plus call doesn't go through it says call failed and says to enable wifi calling, I have plenty of signal. Is this happening to anyone else? Also I notice the call quality lately sucks, sounds like person on the other end is in the bathroom or under water and they say I sound the same, this was the same on 6 plus and 6s plus as well as my 6. Is att basically becoming horrible?
Does this happen everywhere you go or just in a single location?

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
i had this problem A LOT in iOS 8. haven't tried lately. if my iPhone is on 192.168.1.xxx on "2wire123" and my iPad was on "me 5ghz" using 172.16.1.xxx( or visa versa ) the ipad would ring.. but when i answered it, the call would drop hard every single time

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Different Wifi calling issue...
My wifi calling has never worked, when I enable it and use it for calling, I can hear the other party, but they cannot hear me. Happening to others I know as well. (AT&T)

I just leave it turned off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.