Call for help...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, May 18, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Washington Post:

The Whitman-Walker Clinic, the region's leading source of services for people with HIV/AIDS, is struggling with a financial crisis that has depleted much of its reserves and forced its board to begin considering program cutbacks. On Friday, for the first time in its three decades, the clinic was unable to meet payroll.

If anyone has an extra 10 or fifteen bucks laying around, this is a great organization. It not only offers care and medicine for those dealing with the disease, it also has community outreach programs, counseling, prevention education...I've had several friends who literally were saved by Whitman Walker either through counseling and coming out issues, or with end-of-life hospice care.

I can't do the training program for them this year as I am too busy but here are some links if anyone can help, please do.

www.aidsmarathon.com - sponsor a runner.
    www.wwc.org - volunteer time if you live in the area, or make a donation.

Normally wouldn't post something like this, but this really is an essential service here in the DC area.

Thanks for listening! :D

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I pray that the publicity for The Whitman-Walker Clinic will bring them the needed funds so that they can continue operation. Many times bring this out publicly will cause wealthy benefactors to donate. Sounds as though they really need a large steady flow of income.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

with the title of this thread, I was thinking there would be recollection about the TechTV show!!!! :) That is a good organization though.