Call of Duty 1.4(final) available

Discussion in 'Games' started by mojohanna, Aug 11, 2004.

1. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    For all those who care, COD final is available on Apple's download site. Here are the specs if you want to check it out before download. I will note that I had issues playing MP last night before the update. Evidently they have updated some of the PB features as well.

I know the release date says 7/20, but Apple has the post date of 8/10/04

Call of Duty 1.4 Macintosh (English)
    Release Version - July 20, 2004

Drag the "Call of Duty SP", "Call of Duty MP", and "pb" icons from the COD 1.4 folder into your Call of Duty folder, replacing the existing files. Then open the 'Move contents to "Main"' folder and drag the "paka.pk3" file into the "Main" folder in your Call of Duty folder (there should already be several pk3 files in this folder). If you have any trouble playing after install, reinstall a fresh copy of Call of Duty from the original DVD and follow these steps again.

This update adds compatibility with PC 1.4 network play, including PunkBuster support. It also includes optimizations for ATI Radeon 7500/8500/9000 video cards. This update is only intended for the English version of Call of Duty Macintosh.

Call of Duty 1.4 Mac Final Fixes (fixes implemented after 1.4 Public Beta)

- Slower performance on some nVidia cards introduced in 1.4 Public Beta has been fixed.

- 'Show Blood' option is correctly saved (this was a bug from the PC).

- FSAA options on all cards now work correctly - r_nv_fsaa_samples & r_ati_fsaa_samples are now ignored. To turn on FSAA use r_arb_fsaa_samples. You can set this option to 0 (off), 2, 3, or 4. Example: "set r_arb_fsaa_samples 2" would turn on 2X FSAA on ATI or nVidia cards if they support that mode. Unpredictable results may happen if your video card does not have enough memory to run in a higher level of FSAA.

- The game now tries additional monitor frequencies if screen resolution switch fails.

- A master sound cvar has been added to turn off all sound, primarily for benchmarking. "set mss_sound 0" will turn off sound completely in both SP & MP.

- Very rarely on quitting an SP or MP game, Call of Duty will freeze. To exit the game, force quit using the cmd-option-esc keyboard combination.

- On nVidia video cards, turning on FSAA to level 4 may cause stability or performance problems. If you experience crashes or slowdowns after turning on FSAA, set it to a lower quality (2 or 3) or turn it off (0).

Call of Duty 1.4 PC Fixes:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Use of the in-game console is not supported by Aspyr. Please do not contact Aspyr Customer Support with issues that arise from using console commands in-game.

- It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the Call of Duty directory be removed before installing this patch. These modifications are not supported by Aspyr and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included.
    - Call of Duty does not support mods that have spaces in the mod's folder name. Be sure that the folder that contains your mod does not have spaces; otherwise users will not be able to download the files. For example, a mod in a folder called "My Mod" would be invalid, whereas "MyMod" or "My_Mod" would work.

Call of Duty™ now includes PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software technology. PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software technology and services combat online cheating in Call of Duty Internet play.

The use of PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software is optional and is provided without direct cost to our users. For more information about PunkBuster™ or for PunkBuster™ support, please visit

NOTE- to update your PunkBuster™ files to the latest version, start a COD server and type /pb_sv_update in the console, then allow the game several minutes to fully download the latest PunkBuster™ files.

- Added one new multiplayer map. This map supports all current game types:

Stalingrad - In the winter of 1942, Soviet infantry from the 13th Guards Division struggle to hold a small apartment complex in the southern end of the shattered city. Riflemen on both sides can cover the open ground while flanking teams armed with automatic weapons attempt to penetrate the enemy line through a deadly close-quarters maze of urban interiors.

- New PunkBuster™ functionality included (as described above).
    - Added a “PunkBuster” filter under the “Filters” section of the “Join Server” screen.
    - Added a “PunkBuster” display column on the “Join Server” screen.

- Corrected an issue in “Search & Destroy” where leaning while planting the bomb would cause the player to lean further than intended.
    - Corrected an issue where a player could spawn without a gun model if the round ended while on a ladder.

- Fixed a possible exploit with certain spectator-specific commands.
    - Fixed a bug with the servercache.dat that caused some players to have difficulty loading the in-game browser.
    - Fixed an issue where the number of servers displayed in the in-game browser would occasionally fluctuate.
    - Fixed an issue where the pure server check would no longer ignore extraneous pak files if a demo had recently been played.
    - Fixed a rare occurrence of the auto balance system preventing a player from joining either team.
  2. CannonFodder macrumors member

Feb 29, 2004
    It's also available from as well. I'll be mirroring Aspyr's patches and updates from now on in addition to the others.
  3. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    I just downloaded that patch last night. It took 4 hours to complete though :p
  4. CannonFodder macrumors member

Feb 29, 2004
    If you're referring to the speed of my site in the above quote, it's because it's currently VERY saturated due to people downloading a slew of BF1942 mods. will (at the very least the downloads), however, be moving to a multiple T-3 provider in the next couple weeks, so my mirroring of Aspyr's and various other community created FPS files will be in very good shape :)
  5. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    No, I downloaded it from that mac downloads site :)
    Whenever I download from that site they take forever though. the Ghost Recon Demo took about 2 hours fcrom that sight. Maybe I will turn to your site for patches CannonFodder
  6. CannonFodder macrumors member

Feb 29, 2004
    I've also tried to get in touch with MacSoft, about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't heard a word back...

If anyone has a definitive email address/contact there, please let me know :)