Call of Duty 2 360 patch update

Discussion in 'Games' started by XNine, Mar 6, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    http://dx.ampednews.com/?page=articles&id=12690

On Feb 24th they said it'd be out soon. How soon? No one yet knows, but let's hope to god sooner than later. The game was a launch title, you'd figure they would have addressed this by now.

2. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

The patch for CoD2 = Ghost Recon:Advance Warfighter

3. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

the patch is a manual download just search just look for it, it is not automatic...

i got it...

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Good to see them addressing the problems I was having on XBOX Live. I'll have to go download it and see how it turns out.

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'm not seeing it anywhere. My guess is you downloaded the last patch...?

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

If you're talking about the patch for the 360, it did it automatically for me earlier. As soon as I started up the game it notified me that there was an update for the game. The lag problems I have been experiencing were gone. I just wish they would prevent the host of the game from getting a head start on everyone in CTF games. I hate entering the game and finding out the opposing team already has my flag and is returning it to their base.

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Hm. Someone else must've just chosen "OK" that I wasn't aware of. I never noticed any serious lag, good to see they've addressed it though. And that's annoying... CTF is stressful enough as it is.

On a side note, I would have to agree. The real patch for COD2 is GRAW. And it's coming tomorrow. Yessssssssssssss.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Are you sure there was a new patch? There was a patch about a fortnight ago, but that was just for general fixes and was not for multiplayer...

Since then there hasn't been any extra patches (at least not in Europe anyway), and games still have lag problems, and unable to connect to server errors if you try and start a game quickly....

9. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Cant wait!!!!

10. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I was having the same problem and gave up playing the game online for a while because it just wasn't worth it. But after reading this post I turned it on and there was an update available for me. I probably haven't tried playing the game in 2 or 3 weeks so maybe it's a little older than a few days. After downloading the patch, I haven't experienced any of those problems. Hopefully you'll be seeing an update sometime soon.

11. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Okay, here's one way to figure it out? Do you have post game lobbies, where the host can start another game? IF you host, can youc hoose the map, time limit, and type of game? No? It's because this patch isn't available yet.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Onizuka? Is that Kirsty Gallagher in your AVATAR?
    Hope those things are included in the multiplayer patch, it desperatly needs them.

I went to PD0 for better online reliability, however at this stage I'm sick of seeing the same bloody maps... So a map udate there would be apreciated too...

13. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Nope, it's the one and only Natalie Portman. I've ahd a crush on this girl sicne I was just a pup when I saw The Professional the first time.

If you read the article I linked to, it the President of Infinity Ward stated all of the fixes and new stuff that will be in the multiplayer update. It's quite a lst, and all of it is needed.

14. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Impossible. Activision said they were in they're " Final Stages" of testing the patch, and it would be released soon. In my guess it would be coming out some time this week to compete with GR:AW...and The outfit. Also we WOULD notice a difference in the multiplayer lobby because they are going to revamp their whole interface ( Lets you choose map, kick out players if your the host, select game type, and the biggest improvement, the HORRIBLE lag)

But then again...wait til tommorow, and you wont have anymore lag (I'm assuming every1 is going to be playing Ghost Recon :D )

EDIT: Here is the statement from Infinity Ward

Infinity Ward recently confirmed that the second Call of Duty 2 patch, which specifically addresses the game's online multiplayer, has entered the final testing stage and will be released shortly. In addition, the game's developer revealed a host of enhancements that will be featured in the patch [via Xbox.com]:

Player Lag has been addressed
    Private Game Lobbies / Reserved Slots
    Enabled the Live Host to set custom game options
    Map Preferences setting
    Post Game Lobbies (all players at end of match will return to their game lobby)
    Enemy Player Name Notification
    Ability for the Host to kick a player
    In game Lobby - Game Type, Map and Host Notifications