Call of Duty 2 (mac)

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, Oct 27, 2005.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Any speculation how long it will take for a port of Call of Duty 2.

(of course in the case that it is a smash hit on pc)

:rolleyes:

2. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Dude, if you are a hardcore gamer. Forget Mac and build yourself a hot rod gaming PC. You will be happy. Maybe not satisfied but happy.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

He doesn't say one word that he's a hardcore gamer. I, too, am interested in playing CoD2 - on my Mac, because why should I buy another computer, if my Mac runs it good enough? And if not, then it's ok, too.

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I agree - I enjoy playing the newest games for Mac at what are for me acceptable performance, even if that puts me on the trainling edge of gaming.

I await CoD 2 eagerly, but not so much that I'll go out and build a PC. I'd rather have them to a good port than a quick port.

5. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I dont think COD 2 for Mac will be out for a while. A while ago I emailed Aspyr(the company that created the other COD's for Mac) and they said they had no current plans on the game. This could mean that the game will come out later than expected and be for Intel chips only bc Apple is switching to Intel.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

That is possible, but remember that some new Macs will probably still be using the G5 well into 2007, so any Intel-only game released in '06 will only work on a few Macs, really cutting out a lot of potential buyers. It's more likely they'll release a PPC/Intel Mac dual platform disc.

7. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

No telling on the port. You could just buy an xbox 360 though. I've heard that CoD is looking like a hit.

I've got a "hot rod gaming pc," but would prefer the game on a console. Different strokes...:)

8. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i cant wait for cod2 call of dduty i one of my favorite games

9. AppleGuyG5 macrumors newbie

If You Hear Anything

CoD Pwnz if anybody hears anything about CoD2 coming for mac please post cause that games owns......:)

10. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

what exactly does it own? a large fertile plot of land? can i buy this from COD2? how much do you think the taxes are?

11. KREX725 macrumors regular

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm sure they are planning to port it - the only complicating factor is the Intel switch...

13. Aarow macrumors 6502a

LOL! Seriously. That made me Laugh. Out. Loud.

14. risc macrumors 68030

risc

You aren't the only one! :D

15. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

16. Augster macrumors newbie

Not so fast on gaming PC...

You see, I do have a pretty good gaming PC myself, alongside my Mac (yes, I bit the bullet because there are just some very fun games that will never come to the Mac, and other business functions can only done through a PC). Well, COD2, is bogging down on several scenes; so much that the game is absolutely unplayable on my PC.

It has a 3GHz P4/800 FSB, 875 board, ATI 9800 Pro, 17" LCD (Apple BTW) and a pair of HyperX interleaved chips, so it's no slouch.

Whereas Brothers In Arms: EIB plays silky smooth on the rig, COD2 is downright choppy at times, and unplayable in a couple scenes. I stopped playing it. And I turned down all the settings except resolution (1280x1024). I absolutely refuse to go to a chunkier resolution (LCD's are horrible if not at their native resolution) and I believe any game should be able to play reasonably well at 1280x1024 with all other settings tuned down a bit.

Anyways, I'm now going to wait for the Mac port and see how it plays on my dually 2.5 G5 with 30" LCD and nVidia 6800 Ultra. BTW, COD and COD/UO plays MARVELOUSLY at max rez on the G5.

17. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

18. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Just ordered it for my BTO iMac 20" w/256MB VRAM

19. dayos_x macrumors newbie

20. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

On a MacBook, won't get you anywhere. Lol, integrated card won't run COD 2, it requires a min of 64 megs ram but the integrated card can't meet the clock speed.

21. DontBurnTheDayy macrumors member

Here's the deal:

I'm running a MBP 1.83 with 1GB of RAM. I can run Quake 4 flawlessly on the "high quality" setting with advanced graphic features turned on. COD2 runs on nearly the same sys. req's.

I ran Quake 4 with the same MBP with only the stock 512MB of RAM, and it ran decently on the lowest settings... an extra 512 makes a substantial difference... I was shocked.

I suggest anybody running COD2 on an Intel Mac of any kind has at least 768MB beforehand.

By the way, I've been calling CompUSA since COD2 has been listed as released on Aspyr.com, but they don't seem to have it yet. When somebody buys it at a retail store please post.

22. bluegill31 macrumors newbie

bluegill31

cod2

bought it yesterday@ the apple store in delaware.

runs good on my intel imac, but i need more RAM to play with better graphics....i only have 512MB.