Call of Duty 2 (Mac)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mov31t, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Mov31t macrumors newbie

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone plays call of duty 2 on the nvidia geforce 7600GT Graphics Card?

Andy

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Why wouldnt they be? the 7600GT & GS are very solid cards.

3. Mov31t thread starter macrumors newbie

just wondering because i have had problems...

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Then you need to be more specific as in what is your computer, 24 " iMac? and your issues.

5. Mov31t thread starter macrumors newbie

specs: 24"iMac intel core 2 duo, OS10.4.8, 2.16GHz, 1GB RAM,

6. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Call of Duty 2

Hey all,

I'm running this on my 2.66GHz Mac Pro with the standard 7300GT card. It runs great on my 23' with 1920x1080.

I have got to the English levels - but the game seems to stick. WTF? I am ordered to a radio room within a building (so i follow the sign on the radar) and when I get there, nothing happens. I have no clue what to do but jump off the roof and kill myself.

I'v walked all over the place without any solution. Its the huge level where you walk behind/beside/below tanks.

Cheers,

F

7. aholden12592 macrumors regular

well if you are ordered to a radio room then you're are most likelt supposed to use the radio. im pretty sure i know the mission you're talking about. look all around the building and you will eventually find a small room with a radio.

8. FireArse macrumors 6502a

radio room

the little radio room at the top of the building was the first place i checked. I shot at the damn radios, I pressed every button on my keyboard FFS!

:)

it was at that point i decided to look around. When im in that little radio room, i'm literally on top of the target on the radar. i have no idea what to do

F

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It *should* say press 'X' key to activate radio (or something else based on your keyboard configuration). That's the way it always worked for me…

10. aholden12592 macrumors regular

ya, the radios should be glowing. if they are then go up to them and press whatever button is the button you use to pick up weapons

11. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

7600 gt is a great vid card and i was considering getting it in my desktop but i only play WC3 =( so i dont need it

12. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

I bought COD and COD2 through Steam and play it on WinXP.

Problem is that there are some serious bugs in both of those games with Steam. I'm stuck on the bridge level of COD because the game won't advance.... I swear I'll spend the rest of my life blasting nazis and never have the game advance.

COD2 enjoys being forced to run in safe mode, then after sucessfully loading a level I spend half my life restoring the graphics settings and audio settings. Then when I quit I have to do the whole thing over again, or else the game freezes when I click resume game.

Grrr... I do not like Steam.

13. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Help!

I really dont mean to be dragging this out, but these bloody radio's aren't glowing. I am right in front of them. i dont know how to print-screen, but im not sure how effective that'd be in my problem.

Im leterally on top of the destination on the radar. im in a room with a bunch of radios. i have to be in the right place! The game is sticking....

F

14. FireArse macrumors 6502a

hhmm

I did it - i had to restart the mission. Software glitch. Thanks for your help guys! :)

Have a great new year

F

15. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

i dont want to start a entire new thread for this... but when I play cod2 for mac online, certain server's say "Server for Low Ping Players Only", I have a very new imac and a belkin wireless router... so I would assume im not a low ping player... is there a setting in options or something I would have to switch to not make me a "low ping player"

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!

16. FireArse macrumors 6502a

High Pings?

Hey,

Your high ping value will most likely be coming from your net connection, rather than the wireless connection from the iMac to the router. However, I must admit, I only connect to my routers with wired CAT5 to ensure if I do have a high value, I know it'd be the net, rather than anything at home.

Make sure nobody's screwing around with your router, try check all the internet settings are ok. Ping www.google.com from terminal. see if those values are high too. You dont happen to be using a satelite connection?

F

17. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

I play multiplayer COD2 via a regular (i.e., the slower one) Airport base station and the cheapest and slowest DSL package offered by ATT/Yahoo and I often have the lowest ping of any player in the game (50-60 range usually). So I think it's a matter of your connection to the particular server hosting the game, not a computer/router issue.

Of course there are some servers where my ping is in the 200's, and I just don't even try to go there.

Low ping has not made me a better player, unfortunately. But then again I don't have nearly as much time to practice as I'd like. When you get RevDirtNap in your sights, take it easy on him. He's a tired old man just having some fun after the kids go to bed. ;)

18. Mov31t thread starter macrumors newbie

friar tuck what grfx card are u using?

Has COD2 crashed on you at all?

19. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

I have a 17 inch Core 2 Duo iMac with the standard graphics card, ATI Radeon X1600 with 128MB GDDR3 SDRAM. It is fantastic. I get glitch-free play even when there are smoke grenades going off all over the place and 20+ players.

So, sorry, I can't address your particular graphics card.

I had a permissions glitch related to sound, but that was probably because I had done the install to Applications, which is apparently a no-no. A full uninstall, fresh install, and repair of permissions later and I have had no problems whatsoever with the game itself (some multiplayer servers don't like my set-up for some reason, but I just move on to another server).

I just wish I were better at the game. Fortunately, it's hard to miss with a shotgun. ;)

20. shecky Guest

shecky

i just got the CoD War Chest retail package (Co2, Cod expansion pack and CoD2) that i play under bootcamp on my MBP and i agree with the above - the games are buggy (at least CoD is, have not gotten past it yet). i get the occasional exception error when i shoot an enemy and he shoots me at exactly the same time, etc. and also i have had to redo levels a couple of times because basically nothing happens; like some event trigger never triggered and i just wander around for a while.

21. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Why mess with Boot Camp/WinXP when you can buy the COD2 universal binary from Aspyr? (Not judging, just asking):confused:

22. shecky Guest

shecky

because, in my world at least, gaming and Macs are two great tastes that do NOT go great together. all my gaming is windows, all my important things are mac.