Call of Duty 2 vs Day of Defeat

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Mar 13, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

The last few days ive been at my friends house who owns a pc, and ive been addicted to day of defeat source. And I know call of duty 2 for mac is around the corner, and I was wondering if anyone has played call of duty 2 and day of defeat source and can tell me which is better for multiplayer. Also can you please explain the multiplayer modes in call of duty 2. Any suggestions would be great...

2. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    call of duty 2 the single player game is really fantastic, but Day of Defeat Source is some of the best online multiplayer gaming there is in my opinion.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

What I heard about CoD 2 is that it has a great single player experience but the multiplayer mode is missing a little bit. Knowing DoD (not Source) I can say that it's a great game and it's multiplayer only.

So I would say that talking about multiplayer, DoD:S clearly wins. It's a pity that it doesn't run on my Mac...

4. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

Day of defeat is clearly an amazing online game, but what kind of online modes are there? Day of defeat is just capture the command post, is call of duty 2 similiar? or duz it have its own unique online modes?