Call of Duty 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by irishgrizzly, Oct 27, 2006.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

2. iJaz macrumors 6502a

iJaz

Hey, Call of Duty 2 just came out for the Mac! :(
    Looks great though.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Welcome to the world of Mac gaming, There are two people that Apple seems to hate. One is the gamer the other is the TV watcher its sad but true for a company who boasts itself as a media Hub. Why Apple doesnt make some options for these two Ill never know.

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Gaming is not the fault of the mac, but the game companies. You can't blame Apple for a company that it has no control over.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I'll gonna pick up CoD3 – but I had that in mind long before this. ;) A group of guys I play with and I are all going to grab it and kick some butt squad style. :)

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^exact same here - this will be more for multiplayer for me as COD2 is a blast.

Well November alone for me means I'm buying

Call of Duty 3
    FEAR
    Gears of War
    Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Rainbow 6 : Vegas
    Viva Pinata
    Stranglehold

:eek: too many games :D

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

8. achie25 macrumors 6502

I think GOW and COD3 is what I am going to get. Is COD online good?

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think it's great but I'm not that good at it - but enjoy it none the less. There are things in COD2 multiplayer you really long for, like vehicles etc.. all that has been corrected with COD3 - basically theyve added everything they are missing and upped the 8 player limit to 16 or 32. Sounds awesome anyway.

10. quikssurfer macrumors member

quikssurfer

only 24 players on xbox live .. still much better than 8

11. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

If i get a PS3 on launch I am so picking this up for it, otherwise I will probably get it for 360 (heard it is a little better on it anyways). I hope it is at least as good as CoD2, which was a blast on 360 launch

FFXII on tuesday, GoW on the 7th/12th, CoD3, (hopefully) PS3+Resistance on the 17th!

My months of non-game buying (cept for my $40 GB Mirco :D) will pay off!

13. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Well actually you can blame Apple for he gaming situation on Macs for not providing a suitable platform in terms of both software and hardware, developing games for OSX is very hard (dx to opengl conversion needed and a huge performance hit), it was even harder with PowerPC and even then you needed expensive dual G5 systems to even run the games cause the videocards are crap and there is no upgrade path so it was all very expensive for what? A very small library of games that get released very late and end up severely underperforming...

Now with the Intel switch things are slightly different, the prices are now very acceptable, for 1200$ you can get a good performing comp with a midrange card that will play latest games and well hardware is all compatible now. Then there is software, Apple does nothing to improve gaming on OSX and as long as OpenGL remains the way it does on OSX (and it is the only choice) then mac gamers are screwed.

Thankfully there is bootcamp and some solutions like Codeweavers, Cider or 3D Accelerated Parallels which are great stuff but the native OSX gamer can pretty much give up now. Use bootcamp or simply don´t complain.

14. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Because it's Apple's fault that M$ haven't let anyone else use DX, and it's Apple's fault that the graphics card makers don't make 'em :rolleyes:

15. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well it is Apple's fault that you can't upgrade the cards. I think that there would probably be a greater selection of cards if there were systems to put them in.

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

It does depend on what the model is. As far as laptops go, you can't really down 'em

17. stagecustom macrumors regular

will we be able to play COD2 online with people who have COD3? or will it just be COD2 vs COD2 etc? I kinda want to buy 2 because its like 20$, and i am not that experienced in those games so id want to get good before buying three.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you have COD2 on pc/mac - you will only be able to play others who have COD2 on pc/mac

If you have COD2 on Xbox 360 - you will only be able to play others who have COD2 on Xbox 360

you see how it works ;) :)

19. stagecustom macrumors regular

yes, so you can't play a general map or something xbox 360 to xbox 360? with both games? cod2 and cod3? strictly 360.

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The maps will be different in each game period - so the maps in cod3 are not the same as cod2 - hence what your suggesting would be impossible.

Simply 2 complete seperate entities.

21. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You're trying to fit a square peg in an triangular hole. :p

It simply doesn't work. Call of Duty 2 and 3 are separate games –*they cannot be played together whatsoever.