Call Of Duty Help!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by crusader247, Jul 22, 2004.

1. crusader247 macrumors newbie

hey do you guys know about compatibility between Mac CoD and windows created mods/maps? I've downloaded one map and put it in the "Main" folder but it doesnt show up in the game interface. And are there any plans for modding tools for mac?

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I've downloaded a map and it worked fine. Could you share what this specific map is called?

Being Quake 3 Engined-based the mods should be compatible.

3. applekid macrumors 68020

Mods should definitely be compatible. I've seen people install mods without problems on the Mac.

There probably will not be any modding tools. For the porters, it's not worth the effort to port any first-party tools and third-party tools rarely make it to the Mac.

4. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

I'm thinking of picking up Call of Duty... but I'm worried about the specs and running it on my new powerbook.

12" 1.33Mhz with 768MB RAM, 64MB VRAM nVidia Go

Yeah, definitely not stellar but I'd like to think it would run smoothly. The Wolfenstein demo does pretty well with everything turned up. I'm just looking for some quick 1st person mac gaming.

5. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

You beat the minimum requirements:
    • PowerPC G4/G5 at 867MHz or faster
    • 256MB of RAM
    • 3D Graphics Acceleration required (ATI Radeon 7500/nVidia GeForce 2 or better, 32MB of VRAM)

But before you buy, download this demo and give it a go:
    http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18195

6. myoung6923 macrumors newbie

myoung6923

I have a 800MHz iMac w/ 1.2 Gig Ram & 32M VRAM & COD runs GREAT! It's the fastest & smoothest running game that I've played yet. It's not even supposed to work on my machine but it does!

Great game & well worth the price!

7. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

That should have worked assuming you put .pak files into the main folder.

8. applekid macrumors 68020

First of all, you can't have 1.2 GB of RAM in an iMac. The maximum is 1 GB. Secondly, I have the same iMac, but performance is not "GREAT". Nor is it fast or smooth. Of course your opinions differ from mine. But I can state mine with facts: I fall to 12 FPS in gunfights and jump up to 30 and over at best, which is not often. Not what I'd call "GREAT." Playable, but not "GREAT."

9. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Using a 1Gb DIMM you can put over a gig in an imac. It isn't supported by apple but it has been done with emacs before so why not its LCD brother.