Call of Duty hint

Discussion in 'Games' started by JesseJames, Apr 5, 2005.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I think I'm at the end of the Russian campaign. It's the Pavlov map where I have to take out the tanks with the anti-tank rifles. Fine, I do that. Then I try to defend against the German onslaught. I keep moving but those Nazis are EVERYWHERE. I'm getting my ass handed to me.
    Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while but my skills are not up to par.
    My comrades pretty much get decimated and I'm running around like my ass is on fire from the Wermacht. I wait to see that counter 'til help arrives but it never pops up.
    Is there a strongpoint where I can hold out? Or just keep fighting as hard as I can?

2. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

The only thing you can do is keep moving and killing Germans. If you try to hide anywhere you either get killed by tank shells, or the German troops make a bee-line for you. I tried going outside from the basement along a trench, and they followed me. Just a few at first, then finally what seemed like dozens of them swarmed all over me. I tried hiding on the top floor, covering the stairway, and got killed by tank fire. Tried hiding in other places and they came in their dozens to find me.

Good luck.

3. applekid macrumors 68020

Try to grab the MP44 and MP40 once you are inside the building. The MP44 is nice for some indoor combat and the MP40 is nice for picking off a few Nazis that are outside. Just run back and forth between the two floors that have the grenade launcher guns. My guys are usually good enough to hold the Nazis off long enough for me to move around. Whichever is the lower floor will give you the most trouble. Chuck a grenade downstairs if you hear Nazis or be prepared to squeeze off a few rounds before getting to the grenade launcher. The higher floor is pretty much the safest besides the attack from the tanks. Much easier to defend.

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

If its the map I'm thinking oh, the one where you're in this big house and there are germans coming up to you and tanks coming from around the place. Yeah I was getting beat down hard there too, but here is what you do, you memorize where you have to go to kill the tanks, and anyone who gets in your way. Then by the tank gun that keeps getting taks , there is a room with either one way in, or two ways that are close to each other. Run to it and get into the corner on the wall with the door. Crawl on the ground, just sit there with your gun sight on the door, shoot anything that makes it through. When you hear a tank, run and shoot it with the gun and go back to that room. A big problem I had on that level was that I didn't have much ammo, so this is also a way to conserve it, since you can pile up the guys and then go get it all.