call of duty singleplayer problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by knicksfan58, Jul 9, 2004.

1. knicksfan58 macrumors member

when i get to the 4th or 5th level in call of duty singleplayer - the one where the loadscreen is a french map - the bar fills up and i wait for it to say 'click here to begin the mission' but it never does. everytime i tried to continue my game and go to the load screen for this level it freezes and i have to restart my computer. i have tried reinstalling the game, repairing permissions, and restarting the entire campaign, but no matter what i do it seems, this level will not load. can someone help me out?

2. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

Bad Disk?

Maybe the install disk was corrupt and gives you a corrupted level? Could you take the game back to the store and exchange it for another copy? I know that CoD installs the entire game onto the HD and doesn't need the CD anymore afterward, but it could be a corrupted map file or something else that is not engine related.

just for the record, CoD worked fine for me. It crashed (app. only) a couple of times, but nothing bad. I'm on a G5 1.8 single.

Good luck!

3. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Have you managed to get it to run without the DVD in the drive? I just tried it on my 12" PB and it asked for the disc to be inserted. Clicking OK without inserting the disc did nothing so I just quit.

4. knicksfan58 thread starter macrumors member

okay - i turned down the graphics and this time instead of freezing i get in error message and then it closes and returns to the desktop. this is the message - recursive error after: hunk_allocatetempmemory: failed on 4320, needs 238000. what does that mean?

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Re-intsall the game, or just contact Aspyr's support team.

6. jimsimon macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem...
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=79321