call of duty united offensive online help.

Discussion in 'Games' started by onemacmini, Dec 6, 2005.

1. onemacmini macrumors 6502

1) i find that when i'm playing everyone get smoke and binocliars and i cant find them. im new to this game and wondered how i can get them

2) on my mac mini 1.42ghz 512ram i experiencesome lag every now and then. if i were to upgrade to a 1gb ram would this make a difference please help

one mac mini

2. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Good to see another mac gamer.

As to question 1, smoke, grenades, satchel packs and binoculars are all awarded to you for use once you get enough points in the game. The number of points vary from server to server. I do know when you hit 60 kills you will get the ability to call an airstrike.

As to question 2, yes ram would make a little difference but the majior hinderance when using a mac mini to play this game is its graphic card.

I suggest you play around with the graphics settings to get the best frame rate. In the graphics preferences, make sure screen size is 1024x768, bilinear filtering, ejecting brass off, medium / low model detail and wall decals set to off.

You can display your frame rate by opening the console (press the tilde key) it is the " ~ " key. Then type " \cg_drawfps 1 " without the punctuation marks. A frame rate display will appear in the top right of the screen. My dual G5 gets about 90 fps.

good luck!!

aussie_geek