Call to Duty Review

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, May 20, 2004.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Any one play call to duty yet? Is it a good port?

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I play Call of Duty on my PC quite often and, although I can't comment on the port, I can safely say it's the most multiplayer fun I've had on the computer, period.

3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

With the computer you have I don't think you need to worry about the port effects on the game... ;)

4. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

SWEET... Why do you use mac forums? Do you have both PC and Mac?

5. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

oops didnt read your signature... Do you ever play games on your mac.. I dont see a need when you have a decent gaming machine

6. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I've been playing call of duty for the past two days on my mac, I absolutely love it. It actually runs a lot better than MOH does for me, so I personally think this is a pretty good port. I never did play the PC version, but the fact that it runs smoothly is good enough for me. I'm playing it at 1280x1024 with every possible option set to the max.

7. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

very good news. It uses the quake 3 engin. Did MOH use that same engin. Did you ever play quake 3 on your g5 its insane fast.

8. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Yeah, both games use the quake 3 engine, even though Call of Duty is a heavily modified version of it. Quake 3 runs great, I do get a lot of slowdown in MOH, but Call of Duty is top notch. I can't believe how much fun the single player is. There may not be very many games that come out to mac, but we usually get the best ones (besides Half-Life, cough... I'd exchange having Halo on the mac for HL in a heartbeat).

9. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

CoD is definitely the best OS X port I have seen in 2 years. The game runs like you wouldn't believe... even at higher res and higher graphics than MoH. MoH ran like crap on my Powerbook, but CoD runs 3 or 4 times faster with more stuff going on. I always download games to try the speed before I buy them, I thought CoD would be just like MoH (straight to the trash can), but I'm going out to buy CoD tomorrow. Its that good.

10. jamesfowler2k macrumors member

Im playing this game on 800x600 on my ibook g4 800mhz not played much but its hitting about 20fps+ playable at least. i played it a lot on my pc which was sim spec and id say it was about the same.

11. Awimoway macrumors 65816

For rough benchmarking purposes, MOH Allied Assault ran fine on my dual proc G4 867 (as did RTCW), but Spearhead was an unqualified disaster.

Anyway, I've only had CoD for a few hours, but it runs great and is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.