Caller's can't hear me when I turn speaker on on iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amre9480, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

When I turn on the speaker on iphone 5, the other caller can't hear me, instead my voice is just echoed back:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, does anyone know how to fix this?:confused:

Thank you.:D

2. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

i had the same issue minus the echo once on my iphone 4. on speaker i could hear them they could not hear me. swaped out my phone went home restored from back up and they same thing happened to the new phone. so clearly my issue was software so i had to start from new phone.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that it didn't work

I tried doing that and I set it up as a new phone and it's still just echoing back.:(

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

I'd bring it to Apple and have them check it.
    If it does it every time and on every call and even after setup as new phone then it would need to be replaced.

5. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

Yup pretty much in your case it's most likely hardware. I failed to tell on my first post that although callers could not hear me through the speaker when I used voice to dial (iPhone 4 no Siri) that could pick up my voice so I knew my issue wasn't hardware

6. macrumors regular

before you take it back, on the next call that u use speaker phone for on ur iPhone 5, try covering the microphone on back (between the camera and flash) and see if that helps. if it doesnt take it back and demostrate the problem to them