calling all icurve owners

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by howard, Nov 15, 2005.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

Who owns and icurve? I've been thinking of getting one for my computer keyboard. I'm rearranging my desk and i want my synth keyboard on my desk and it would be cool to put my computer keyboard behind it on an icurve. Does anyone use the icurve for that? if not does anyone know of a similar product for computer keyboards? (or synth keyboards too for that matter) Thanks!

2. JustinCaseiMac macrumors newbie

I have one and did use it when I had my powerbook. This is a good product very aerodynamic and just damn cool looking. I sold my PB to buy the new iMac. If you're looking to buy one and want it cheap, e-mail me. I'll sell you mine.

3. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

hmm, possibly...

how much would you be looking to get+shipping? PM me.

Also, would it work at all using it with just an apple keyboard? if anyone feels bored and wants to take a picture of their icurve with an apple keyboard on it I would be greatful.

4. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

If I am reading your post correctly, you are wanting to put a keyboard on an iCurve.

Not a good idea. The keyboard will bounce everytime you type on it, not to mention it will be very uncomfortable. I love my iCurve as it lifts my pb up to eye level, and I use an Apple BT keyboard to type....but the times that I have had to type a few keys on the pb while on the iCurve, it has been very "bouncy".

If you are just using the iCurve to store the keyboard when not in use I think it would be fine.

5. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

I was originally thinking of getting for use with my keyboard, but I'm also thinking about getting it and using it for this:

http://www.mackie.com/products/mcu/index.html

It would help save space on my desk cause that baby would overhang my synth a little bit..and i can just put my computer keyboard off to the side...sigh, so many options.

I've got an Ikea jerker desk. for those of you familiar with this desk it has two big poles that you can put shelves on. I orginally had my shelf at the top but now I was also thinking about bringing it down and putting my monitor and mackie control on it... but then i don't hink i'd be able to reach my mackie control as the desk is quite deep.

6. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Don't use the icurve for anything you will be fiddling with a lot - like a keyboard - the instrument you are considering using it for - maybe. But the bouncy bouncy effect described by crdean is on point. icurve has worked great for me to rest my ibook on, with an external keyboard.

7. mizzi macrumors member

i got an icurve, it's sitting in my living room while i await my powerbook in the mail. i'll be using an external keyboard/mouse/dual display so it just made sense. it'll keep my monitors around the same height/level too which is nice :)

8. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

The Apple Store where I live actually has the Apple Keyboards at the checkout computers on iCurves...

9. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

I'm interested if it's still available. PM sent.

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Very useful if you're planning on putting wheels on it and speeding down the highway :p

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i think your right i saw a midi keyboard on an icurve today when i picked up my pb. (south shore plaza store)

12. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

Yea at the Buffalo store they have iMac G5's as the checkout computers with the keyboards propped up on iCurves. Not sure if I've ever seen a music keyboard on one.

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i think i'm going back tomorrow for the photoshop elements workshop i'll check it out

14. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Yeah, they have the checkout like that at the Mall Of America store too.:)

15. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I just placed my apple pro keyboard on my iCurve and typed a couple of paragraphs. The Keyboard sticks like glue on the designated pads however the iCurve flexes a bit while typing (up and down movement with every keystroke). I believe you could get used to it. IMO there are not to many stands that look and function as beautiful as the iCurve.

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I used the iCurve for about a year with my PB doing DTP work. It placed the screen at a good height and provided space underneath for the keyboard.

I doubt that I would put a keyboard on to of the iCurve, unless the keyboard was used for minimal input....

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I totally want to see this setup. (sorry for the o/t)

18. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

i may take a picture (though i've never posted a picture of my setup before on here. But it will be awhile before I get it all setup. I'm waiting to get my MCU out of the shop. But if you want to see the type of setup i'm going for go to apple's site, software, logic pro. and click on the charlie clouser video. He's got the MCU, and a large synth keyboard, with his computer keyboard overlapping the MCU and synth. Kinda on top of both. Thats what I'm trying to go for. I just need something to prop up the MCU a bit. I've got a few things I'm gonna test out... any other suggestions will be helpful

19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Here is a pic that I found of my PB setup with the Dell 2001FP.

Attached Files:

20. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i love my iCurve. i'd say get one. the only warning, something that's stayed with me since i trawled through that "post your set up" thread, is MAKE SURE YOU USE IT THE RIGHT WAY UP!

;) :rolleyes:

21. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

do you guys mind using the icurve with wires sticking out everywhere (like with the keyboard and mice, assuming you arent using the wireless ones).

22. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i have a wireless keyboard and mouse, but when my powerbook's on the iCurve, it has power, USB HDD, firewire iPod, cat5 (faster than my wireless :rolleyes: ), line out for hifi, DVI for external monitor (and s-video for FCP TV previews occasionally!) sometimes, and perhaps USB for my 2nd iPod, which is pretty much every port used.

what i do is run the cables through the back so they come up from underneath - you only see the connectors then, so it's all good :D