Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zackdank

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2008
sometimes!? I'd say every time a new iPod comes out i's expensive. nice that u have the money for it. unfortunately I only have the 4gb silver, and my boss gave it to me 4 xmas. otherwise I'd have no iPod, but I def. want more!! :D

siliconcowboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Here's my collection. The picture isn't entirely complete as I have the box for the 3rd Gen, a 4th generation HP + Apple iPod as well as an original iPod shuffle packed away in storage. I'm waiting on an Apple 4th gen as well.

iPodCollection2.jpg

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Here's my collection. The picture isn't entirely complete as I have the box for the 3rd Gen, a 4th generation HP + Apple iPod as well as an original iPod shuffle packed away in storage. I'm waiting on an Apple 4th gen as well.

Very very very nice collection!

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
I currently have 5.

iPod photo white 20 gig
Nano 1G black 1 gig
Nano 3G 8gig Product Red
Touch 16 gig
Shuffle silver 2 gig

I never thought of myself as a collector, and actually use all of these iPods at least a few times a week, but mainly my 3G Nano, and Touch (daily on both).

I just got the Shuffle for running, and kind of want a new Classic, but am holding off in case they get updated over the summer. I bought my iPod photo 3 days before the iPod video's came out, and was a bit irked (pre MR). :D

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC

ipodCollection.jpg

Very very very nice collection!

:D Just realized that the 2G iPod in your pic is the one I just sold you!!!

Your collection is definitely sweeeeeeeet!

siliconcowboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
It certainly is. I thank you for the contribution and everyone for their nice words. I'm working on some writing around the collection and will update my picture from time to time. I just took that one real quick because I said I would in our e-mails =)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm now at;

80gb 5.5G black (love the look)
1gb 2G Shuffle silver

That's it :p I miss my Mini and my girlfriends got my 15gb 3G iPod. Also used my mums 16gb iPod Touch whilst I was recovering from an arm injurt, them things are fantastic! Hoping for a 32gb iPhone next.

Managed to get my whole family in on the act. My sister has a 1G black Nano, 4gb. Pops has a silver 2G 4gb Nano. Mother has a 16gb iPod Touch and my bro has an 80gb 5.5G Black iPod like me.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
It certainly is. I thank you for the contribution and everyone for their nice words. I'm working on some writing around the collection and will update my picture from time to time. I just took that one real quick because I said I would in our e-mails =)
Thanks for keeping your word...it livens the thread up quite a bit!

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
I currently have the following:

• 16 GB iPod Touch
  • Silver 1GB 2nd-gen shuffle
  • White 512MB 1st-gen shuffle
  • Pink 4GB 1st-gen mini (the wife's - practically brand new - she never really ever used it)
  • 30GB 3rd-gen iPod (still works great - battery is slipping a bit, but still decent considering its age)

I also owned:
  • 20GB 2nd-gen iPod (had for about 9 months when the headphone jack started shorting out...was able to trade in for the 3rd-gen listed above)

What I'm buying next (as soon as it comes out):
  • 3G iPhone (which will hopefully also be 32GB)

I don't currently have a picture of all of them together...I'll try to post it here soon.

In addition to some other posters in this thread, I am a big fan of the 3rd-gen iPod and its touch controls. I never really fully replaced it until the Touch came out.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
m-dogg you better get on that pic! Seems like you have a nice collection! The 1G and 3G iPods are the greatest!

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
I wouldn't consider myself a "collector" however I do indeed love my iPods. I wish I had more but I need the cash for other things...
My iPod Touch and Nano though suit me well and fulfill my day-to-day iPod needs :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.