Calling out a Promise -- WMD

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MrMacMan, Oct 8, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    I may be breaking my 'No Political Discussion' Talk but its a worthy cause.

Back in April

There were a few of you who made a promise to re-look at their views on if there were Weapons of Mass Destruction or that they were just Weapons of Mass Distraction.

The time has come to call out that.

LethalWolfe in peticular took my words to heart and said he would change his views when October come over.

My Computer calander seems to only tell me on restart, and since I haven't restarted... well a few days has gone by.

I ask everyone to reconsider their views if there are weapons in Iraq or in reality they destroyed them, as asked to when they were ordered to.

We had so much intellegence, I was expected in the first week, month, 3 months to find Stockpiles upon stockpiles of weapons, yet nothing has come.

No Chemical Weapons.
    No Nuclear Weapons.
    No Biological Weapons.

I wish you all to look at what you have believed in the past, and look at the facts.

Thank you.

2. Pinto macrumors newbie

Mar 19, 2003
    New Zealand
    Were WOMD mentioned as the reason for invasion?

I thought it was all about "freeing the iraqi people"

"bringing democracy to the Middle East"

And anyway we all know the weapons were loaded on board those ships that the US was tracking as having left iraq before the war.

Oh sorry, I forgot. That story turned out to be BS.

No thats right, they found those mobile weapons labs... opps more BS.

Actually, they were all put on the train to Syria. Ah, but then again there is no direct train to Syria (except via turkey).

How can the most powerful and well-connected country in the world always get it so wrong?

Surely The leader of the free world, he who invokes the name of God, wouldn't lie...would he?
  3. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Thats all I get?

Wow I thought people talked around here.

No one cares?

4. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    Err...because it was all talked about three weeks ago...
  5. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Well you can count me among those who were expecting to find at least some WMDs in Iraq, even if I thought the case for going to war was flimsy at best. I surely didn't want to believe that my government would mislead/lie to me about something like that. I was never convinced that Iraq was a legitimate, strategic threat to the US, and that appears to have been borne out. IMO, even chem/bio weaponry was not a strategic threat to our national security, only nuclear weapons were, and that has been the flimsiest case of all.

Oh wait, it was all about liberating those poor oppressed Iraqis...
  6. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    i gave it a 30% chance that there were no WMD in iraq.

so far, i am wrong on the point that i gave it a 100% chance that something would be "found," i.e. if there was nothing there, the bush administration would have something planted. i still remain a tad surprised at this point.
  7. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Err, I searched for WMD from the start of this month... and it wasn't in this month.

Well that screwed that idea.

GOD #$%@#*!@^ing DAMNIT!

Well, no WMD they keep delaying the reports, comments, ideas, pushing them away hopping the issue will die.

Stupid thing since we still have TROOPS there..