Calvin and Hobbes Icons?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by grizzlybrice, Jan 15, 2006.

1. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

I have been searching for the Calvin and Hobbes OSX desktop icons, and I have discovered that they have long since disappeared. If anyone can give me any direction to where they can be, please PM me.

Does anyone know why these were taken down and are now rare to find?
    I mean, sheesh, Bill Watterson has to put up with the Calvin urinating stickers, can't he allow us to love his creation?

-Grizz

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I have never seen any Calvin and Hobbes icons.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You could make some yourself if you have some scans. Just crop around ther character's head with your image editor of choice. Then get an nifty free app called Easy Bake Icon (check VersionTracker or MacUpdate) and drop the cropped image on it (it's a droplet). It will take almost any format, and output it as .icns, with all appropriate sizes (tiny to 128x128, or maybe 256x256).

4. splendidham macrumors newbie

5. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Not sure if he will be after two and a half years.

6. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

You never know. :p

But I wish I could get a hold of Easy Bake Icon again. Lost it somewhere and haven't been able to find a place to download it since. :( If anyone knows where to download it let me know, thanks.

7. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

8. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

9. gmcalpin macrumors 6502

gmcalpin

Sorry to bump a super-old thread, but I love this icon set dearly and am happy to share it. (I did not make these; I do not know who did, either, I'm afraid.)

Feel free to PM me and I will give you a link. I might not be terribly swift about replying, but I will!

10. MLupi macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump this thread, but I can't send PMs just yet...

I would be interested in that set of icons if still available.

Thanks!

11. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Bill Watterson is very protective of his IP and has supposedly never allowed Calvin & Hobbes to be used in any form other than the newspaper strips and compliation books. All other uses of the characters are without the artists' permission.

12. drosell macrumors newbie

I have two

I have 2 icons, one of Calvin and one of Hobbes. I don't recall were I got them. They are the old System 8 Icons attached to folders, so the resolution isn't very high. Just copy and paste from "get info".

Enjoy

Attached Files:

13. mjl327 macrumors newbie

New

Hey guys im new to this posting, well not new to the website love it and have been reading the forums for a long time, but never actually posted, i've been trying to track this icon set down for a long time. My friends dad used to have it when i was a kid and i've wanted it ever since, i'm not exactly sure how to pm so if gmcalpin if you happen to read this again, and could give me the link or send me that icon set it would be much appreciated. Thanks