Camcorder Decision??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by golfstyle, Jul 15, 2006.

1. golfstyle macrumors newbie

What is the best camcorder that I should consider buying? I've tried Panasonic's SDR-SD100 for its size and SD capability. Unfortunately not Mac compatible and quality is definitely lacking. Next Sony's HDR-HC3. True HD and 1080i but for right now seems like it isn't Mac compatible either.

Going to return this and get something. I could use a little advice. I like the feel of camcorder that is vertical not horizontal in design. At this point though i'd take anything easy to use with my Mac.

2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Are you sure they're not Mac compatible? Most companies dont say if there cameras are Mac compatible or not and iMovie only works with Firewire.

3. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

If you're getting an SD cam, make sure its 3CCD, its definately worth it. I'f you're going HD, 3CCD can get a bit pricey, but if you can then go for it.

4. golfstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

With the Sony I used iMovie and firewire and no dice as of yet. The SD was 3CCD and the picture was horible, however I loved the camera. But the SD says right in the book, NOT MAC COMPATIBLE. I'm tired of seein that sh#$$%.

Any other ideas?