Came in this morning...clock reset???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Philinator, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Philinator macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2003
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
    When I started up my Dual 1 gig PowerMac this morning, the clock had reset to December 31, 1969. I have NOT upgraded to 10.2.5 yet. In fact, I haven't installed anything recently. Does anyone know why this would have happened?
    I'm running 10.2.4 right now.

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    Re: Came in this morning...clock reset???

The problem originated in 10.2.4, so that's why you're experiencing it. Supposedly upgrading to 10.2.5 fixed the problem for most people.
  3. sotied macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2003
    10.2.5 fixes the clock

I had the same problem and called my DSL provider because I thought it was a network problem (had network time checked).

Once I upgraded it's been fine....wait...oh no! It's 2003!!??? Crap, so much to do.

No really, it fixed the clock and the whole machine runs faster (or seems to).

I've also got an 867 Dual G4.
  4. Philinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2003
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
    Yeah, I haven't had the problem since I upgraded to 10.2.5. The weird thing is, I never had that problem before, and I've had 10.2.4 since it came out, so I thought is was odd that the problem didn't arise until the day 10.2.5 was released.

Go figure.

I love my Albook though. I'm enjoying my newfound freedom with Airport Extreme. Now if Apple would send my extra battery that I ordered 3 months ago.
  5. wot58"slip macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2008
    clock reset to 1969 running 10.5.5

Twice in the last four mornings, I've had this exact same problem with the clock being reset to 12/31/69 when I first open up my iBook G4.

But this is 2008, and I'm running 10.5.5!!

Any ideas?
  6. kgarner macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
    Your PRAM battery is dead. look here to get the right part number for your Mac.
  7. wot58"slip macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2008
    Thanks kgarner for the fast reply, but...

The only battery listed for my iBook G4 is System Battery No. 661-3686. This appears to be the main power battery from what I can tell. My main battery is not new, but still holds a charge for about 1-2 hours. The site at your link says "n/a" for backup battery on iBook G4's.

I've also read on some other posts that the iBook G4 does not have a PRAM battery.

What do you think?
  8. Philinator thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2003
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
    Wow, over 5 years have passed, I forgot all about this. Even after reading it, I don't remember it happening. Time will do a number on your memory. I don't have a clue as to why it's happening to you now, just wanted to get back in the conversation after all this time.

FWIW, I still have that Ai PB G4 as my main laptop, but looking forward to finally updating after almost 6 years when the new models come out.
  9. ObiJon macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2009
    sorry to bring this back, but...

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but-

I'm a newbie. I'm also the owner of a time-traveling Mac, only mine's an iMac, not a laptop of any sort. PowerPC G4 half-dome thing running 10.5.7

Any thoughts?

It happened only once about a week ago. I reset the clock and have had no problems since. Is this simply something strange for a non-laptop, or should I immediately back up everything and finally quit computing like its 2004?