Camera bags

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GregUofMN, Nov 20, 2003.

1. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2003
    I bought an HP Photosmart 850 a while ago and have yet to find a bag to keep it in. All of the ones I've looked at seem to be pretty ugly. I'm am however looking for both function and looks. I've got an Incase Soft Tech Laptop sleeve for my 15" AlBook. I'd like to get something similar for my camera or at least something with some style to it.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2003
    Does HP offer anything? I got Canon's custom case for my Elph....basic, but has a great fit & solid construction
  3. GregUofMN thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2003
    Not that I know of... but I'm looking for something with some design to it. There are so many great places to get cool looking bags/cases for laptops that I'm looking for something similar for my new camera. Yeah, it sounds a little girly, but being in the design field, I want something more than what I can get at any mall camera store. Thanks though.
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Have you looked at Tamrac yet? They have substantial, padded bags with strong hardware.
  5. Macette macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2002
    i've got cases by for both my iPod and my Canon Ixus 400 - they make things in a range of sizes, and their stuff is really strong and well made and cool looking.
  6. macncheese macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2003
    I havent been a huge fan of lately but I have an HP 850 and I bought an HP branded case/kit for it from overstock. It's not designed for this camera but it fits (its tight!), with a cool flap on the front that holds a spare set of batteries and memory cards, etc. Best part of it is that it comes with 4 Powerex batteries and a MAHA charger. Both highly pieces items in battery reviews. You also get a mini tripod (useless) and a 16mb compact flash which is useless in regards to the camera but its become my new "floppy". Use it to lug files back and forth from work.

You can also find some really interesting small bags on, especially in the outlet section if you like weird colors! goodluck!