Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racingboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
This morning I ordered an iPad camera kit with a delivery date of 3 weeks. Around noon I noticed that it was already prepared for shipment!

A few moments ago, I received a mail that my order has been shipped! First 3 weeks an now it's not even 1 day!

brulafu

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
Im currently in the Apple Store within the Fashion Mall in Las Vegas and am currently looking at 6 on the shelf....hold on make that 5.....

Im a happy man now :)

**EDIT** I've just spotted another shelf with 10 items...so there are about 12 in store.

Looks like they are coming out now :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I was at my local Apple store this afternoon and although I was there for something else, of course glanced over the display of iPad accessories.....I saw a small container labelled Camera Connection Kit dangling in front of my eyes. Blinked. It was still there. I reached out, pulled a package from the rack, staring. Disbelief. The CAMERA CONNECTION KIT!!?!?!? IN MY HAND?? I clutched it fervently in case it might escape. I have only been waiting since April for this thing.....

YEE-HAW!!!!!! I managed to hang on to it and wrestle it up to a friendly Apple associate and pay for it before it eluded me again. WOW!!!! Now it is here at home with me but I have not experimented with it yet.

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago
UNREAL!! I ordered mine on July 17 and it said 6-8 weeks with a delivery date of September 2nd. And yet their site says 2-3 weeks. Tried calling them but had to hang up after being on hold for almost 2 hours. :mad:

brulafu

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
I was at my local Apple store this afternoon and although I was there for something else, of course glanced over the display of iPad accessories.....I saw a small container labelled Camera Connection Kit dangling in front of my eyes. Blinked. It was still there. I reached out, pulled a package from the rack, staring. Disbelief. The CAMERA CONNECTION KIT!!?!?!? IN MY HAND?? I clutched it fervently in case it might escape. I have only been waiting since April for this thing.....

YEE-HAW!!!!!! I managed to hang on to it and wrestle it up to a friendly Apple associate and pay for it before it eluded me again. WOW!!!! Now it is here at home with me but I have not experimented with it yet.

Exactly the reaction I had.....:)

Attachments

• 4857940271_14681d5b50_b.jpg
    4857940271_14681d5b50_b.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 133

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
UNREAL!! I ordered mine on July 17 and it said 6-8 weeks with a delivery date of September 2nd. And yet their site says 2-3 weeks. Tried calling them but had to hang up after being on hold for almost 2 hours. :mad:
The Apple Store on the web now is reporting a 7-10 day delay until shipping. Sounds like they are catching up.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Wow. I'm in the US and ordered on July 21st. It's already been delivered. Came from Canada, or so the fed ex tracking said so.

troubleonline

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
I too was shocked when the camera kit I ordered yesterday with a 2-3 week shipping advice was dispatched last night and has an estimated delivery date of 6 August! Though it does also state on the tracking allow 5-10 for delivery :confused:

I was being organised and getting my order placed in plenty time for my hols in September but I might even get it for this weekend :D

Hoping this will stop me from taking my MB on hols as well - especially since the main reason I bought the iPad was to take instead of my MB!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Mine also, we ordered the same time.
I am in the US.

I was just getting ready to call on mine and see it has been prepped for shipment. Not overjoyed that someone that ordered after the 15th got theirs sooner, but at least i can now stalk my mail person.

Why the heck is this thing coming US Postal Service????? :eek: I guess that is my "free shipping" customer service gave me 'eh? :rolleyes:

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
I was just getting ready to call on mine and see it has been prepped for shipment. Not overjoyed that someone that ordered after the 15th got theirs sooner, but at least i can now stalk my mail person.

Why the heck is this thing coming US Postal Service????? :eek: I guess that is my "free shipping" customer service gave me 'eh? :rolleyes:

Be thankful --- ordered mine on June 25th and it shipped August 3rd...one would think that backlogged orders would get priority:)

Jude

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Be thankful --- ordered mine on June 25th and it shipped August 3rd...one would think that backlogged orders would get priority:)

Jude
I ordered June 15th, with an original ship date of Aug 26.

WTF mine is still back ordered. Ordered mine at the end of june :(
I ordered mid-June and it just now shipped - so you should be coming up, but i'm not happy that people that ordered after us are getting theirs first....

BMP84

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
I'd reorder - but not cancel until you can talk to someone! Mine is prepped for shipment (this morning) with an original order date of June 15th.

Alright, just got off the phone will Apple.

They added another one to my order, checked delivery date, and canceled the old one. I moved up the line a bit, sorry to anyone who is still waiting.

Rep said,

"This is stupid, you think people who backordered would receive priority..."

Moved up on my July 16th order, from Delivers Sept 2nd to Aug 24th.

Better than nothing, but definitely not 7-10 days.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Alright, just got off the phone will Apple.

They added another one to my order, checked delivery date, and canceled the old one. I moved up the line a bit, sorry to anyone who is still waiting.

Rep said,

"This is stupid, you think people who backordered would receive priority..."

Moved up on my July 16th order, from Delivers Sept 2nd to Aug 24th.

Better than nothing, but definitely not 7-10 days.

I hope you just didn't muck yourself up, I think you would have shipped in the next day or so on that original order.

My status hasn't changed (and neither had someones that already got theirs early last week), so Apple is still saying August 26th, but it should go out tonight.

That was why i suggested keeping it two orders - and canceling the new one if it shipped before it. The UK orders appeared to have been able to update the Ships/Delivers date - but not us here in the US. Go figure!

Attachments

• Picture 685.png
    Picture 685.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 383
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.