Camera Connection Problems PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by markjones05, Sep 15, 2006.

1. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I really need to load this footage into avid by this weekend and I have run out of trouble shooting ideas. For some reason or another my avid wont recognize that my camera is plugged in. So I tried it in Final cut and it didnt recognize it either. I tried a new firewire cable and still had the same result. I tried a different camera and still had the same result. I tried 2 diff programs, cables, and cameras what else could it be? Also usually when I plug in my camera it shows in ichat that I am able to video chat and that is no longer the case.

PLEASE HELP!

2. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

i don't wanna sound like a smartass or anything....but is the camera on?

sometimes restarting everything helps

3. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

yes the camera is on i have restarted my entire system several times. there are no such thing as smart ass comments here, it's often an obvious detail that has been overlooked.

4. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

then i would say try using a different usb port, or w.e. port ure using, if you don't have another port than try a different computer?

5. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

i would try another usb port, or whatever port your using, if you don't have another one, then i would try another computer...maybe it's just the port that sometimes doesn't register for some reason but then u use it on the other side (of my mbp) it works, so idk

6. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Yea both ports work perfectly fine with my extrnal hd's or ipod so it isn't that. This is looking more and more like I'm gonna have to do what I really don't want to....reformat.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What kind of camera are you using and have you used successfully used it in the past?

Lethal

8. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

does the camera have a special "mode" you have to set it to in order for it to be recognized by the computer....??

9. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

its a sony trv 90 ive used it multiple times in the past, including last week. The stting it needs to be on is just vcr mode. It's wierd because like i said ichat isnt even recognizing the connection for video chat. I think maybe the output on the camera has failed.

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If the ports on the computer are working, and you tried different FW cables, then it might be that the port on the camera gave out. If plug the camera in and go to "about this mac" then "more info" and you don't see the camera listed under Firewire I'd firmly believe the camera is at fault.

Lethal