Camera noise wrecking video.. any help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kingsnapped, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I'm working on a going away video with lots of personal interviews. I had to shoot with no external mic, using my (noisy) ZR40. Unfortunately, many of the people spoke very softly, and when I crank up the gain.. the camera noise is really bad.

What filters/plugins can I use to get rid of this buzzing sound? Does anyone know of some good software?

Thanks.

2. Kingsnapped thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

...prolly should mention I'm using final cut express 1.0

3. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

I'd look into soundstudio pro. 30 free trial and you can get rid of a lot of that gunk. I've eliminated ground-loop buzzes and other nasty hisses from old tapes transferred onto the computer with ease; keep in mind that I'm not an audio pro.

It's a time consuming process though.

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Wireless mikes from B+H in New York. Worth every penny. Otherwise, you can either have a wired one or record them closer.

5. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Definately good advice, but it looks like he's already recorded the video and is trying to clean up the audio.

However, I get all my equipment from B+H, and they're definately great when you get some better mics. :)

6. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

I should add that you can download SoundStudio from FeltTip.com

7. Kingsnapped thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Trust me, as soon as I have the funds, quality equipment is on the way. But even if I could go back and re-shoot, I can't get a wireless/boom mic in on the action.

Anyone have a demo for the non-pro version of sound-soap? According to reviews, it's exactly what I need... but I can only find demos of the pro version.